Setting up a fuel surcharge based on percentage of base costs and DOE index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a fuel surcharge based on percentage of base costs and DOE index

It has been a while since I have configured a fuel surcharge in OTM and I have completed the following set ups:
    1. Set up the Accessorial Code with Flow Thru and Always Apply checked
    2. Set up the Accessorial Cost with Charge type of "Shipment Base Cost"
    3. Created a Rate Factor
    4. Created the Rate factor rule and associated the Rate Factor, Accessorial Code and the Accessorial Cost to it.
    5. Then added the Rate Factor Rule break data with the Maximum Factor Values and Cost Values
    6. Associated the Accessorial Code and the Accessorial Cost to a valid Rate Offering
    7. Entered a Rate Factor Value and processed the rule and the factor
    When I perform a RIQ, the Fuel surcharge is listed when I click on the Cost Detail, however, the rate is always $0.00. My Accessorial Cost is not linking correctly to my Rate Factor Rule but I am not sure what I am missing. I have attached the screen shots of the set ups.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Setting up a fuel surcharge based on percentage of base costs and DOE index

Rate Factors - OTM Wiki

Comment

How was this resolved?

Comment

We are having the same issue. Please advise on how to resolve this

Comment

Try this

1. remove 'Use default' from accessorial cost ID used in the rate factor rule definition. It should only have cost basis defined.
          2. In rate offering accessorial tab, create new accessorial cost - do not select any cost basis in this - just mark 'use default' checkbox as yes for this accessorial cost

Retry - create new rate factor line item and process it

Let me know if that works
          Thanks

Regards
          Nipun
          Nipun Lakhotia
          Manager, EY

Comment

I verified that the USE DEFAULT button is not checked in the accessorial cost id of the rate factor rule definition.

Comment

Also, is accessorial_cost used in rate offering and in rate factor rule definition different?
              Nipun Lakhotia
              Manager, EY

Comment

We identified that the issue was the Rate Factor Expiration Date was empty. Once we added an expiration date, we got the Fuel Surcharge to worked successfully. If you provide the details of your setup, I can help troubleshoot the issue.

Comment

If any of you have idea on this--

Consider,we defined accessorial cost in a Rate offering for some accessorial FUE as CHARGE 1.00 USD PER 1 MI OF SHIPMENT.DISTANCE

Also we defined a rate factor rule by giving Rate geo for same accessorial FUE and defined accessorial cost as CHARGE 1.20 USD PER 1 MI OF SHIPMENT.DISTANCE

And if shipment got created with Rate record & Rate offering involved above
                  THEN
                  Which factor will be used to calculate FUE on shipment ? ? ? One defined in Rate offering or one in rate record??
                  We want the one defined in rate factor rule to take the precedence which s not happening.

Thx

Comment

Working...
                  X