Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postal code validation while rate inquiry

Hi,

I have configured regions by grouping the postal codes. say region abc has postal codes A0A-A0Z. These postal codes are for canada. I have also uploaded the rates for this region. Now when I try doing the rate inquiry for one of the postal codes in that range I see that otm is not picking the rate geo. I can see that the postal code does not exist in canada from google. Otm correctly fetches me the rates if the postal code exist for canada.

1.My doubt is does otm validates the postal code.
    2.Where does otm stores the list of postal codes (in which table) for the purpose of validation.
    3.Since the postal code validation is not checked in the country code screen why is it validating when doing the riq.

Re: postal code validation while rate inquiry

Do RIQ with both Postal code and country code .

Comment

Yes I am doing that, I am doing RIQ with both the postal code and country code. I have defined the rate service as lookup and in my rate offering I have defined rate distance as lookup else estimate. I don't understand why otm is not picking the rate offering when the postal code doesnot exist in actual. I even tried running the riq with the rate offering in the RIQ but even then otm is not considering it while for all other valid postal codes it is returing that rate offering. hope i make sense. Let me know if you require any additional info.

Comment

Hi shekhu,

Do u define the lane between the postal codes in the rate service .

Rgds
        kishore .

Comment

No the lane is from the soruce location to the region. The postal codes are grouped to form the regions.

Comment

Hi ,

Can u explain/screen shot in detail on how you created u r region ?

Rgds
            kishore

Comment

Hi,

I am not sure how to attach screenshot in this thread as I don't see any option. Let me try to explain the rate service lane.

Source Geo Hierarchy
              USZIP5

Source Region

Postal Code

All the rates are configured from the source postal code to this region and all the destination postal codes are the one on QC provice.

Destination Geo Hierarchy
              STATE/PROVINCE

Destination Region

Province Code
              QC

Comment

Working...
              X