This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Rating cwt tariff on shipment with min based on AVG ship unit

I am having a tough time setitng up rates that use a weight break which I am illustrating below for ease of explanation. Oracle seems to be having a tough time with this one and I have not been able to use the basis as they are restricted to >= but not the avg.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1-. 20 ship units @ 20 lbs each for a total shipment weight of 400lbs; 400lbs * unit break cost = shipment costs. This is working.

2-. 20 ship [email protected] 10 lbs each and dim weigh is 18lbs; 360 (18*20) * unit break costs - ship units. This is working.

3-.20 units @ 10 lbs each; instead of using 20 * 10 it should be raising the wight from 10lbs to 17lbs therefore the shipment weight is 340lbs (17lbs *20 units) * unit cost break for shipment = shipment weight This is not working. The basis is not allowing for this but rather to setup => 17lbs.

4-. 20 unit @ 10lbs and dim weight is 15lbs; calculation is 15lbs * 20 units so it is 300lbs * unit break costs = shipment costs. This is not working. The basis is not allowing for this but rather to setup => 17lbs.

Re: Rating cwt tariff on shipment with min based on AVG ship unit

I don't understand your scenarios 3 and 4. It seems like scenario 2, 3 and 4 are all the same except for a different DIM Rate Factor.

Please include the shipment costs as calculated by OTM using your setup and explain why you believe this is wrong.

Comment

Re: Rating cwt tariff on shipment with min based on AVG ship unit

They happen to be different scenarios. The differentiator is that the min is not hit so with the current basis of => it won't raise the weight of the ship unit from 'x' t0 the min weight to use for the multiplier.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X