X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Create Bill - Sell Shipment using Automation Agent

Hi all

Agent to automatically create customer bill from sell shipment:

I created an agent to automatically create a Bill for my sell shipment.The agent has the EVENT: SELL SIDE SHIPMENT - STATUS CHANGED RESTRICTION:INTEGRATION or INTERNAL or USER,REVIEWED_EXECUTE
    ACTION: CREATE BILL - SELL SIDE SHIPMENT

I have kept a notify contact before the "CREATE BILL - SELL SIDE SHIPMENT" action.
    My sell shipment status once changed to REVIEWED_EXECUTE i get the notification but my the next action to create bill is not working.

Can any one tell me where have i gone wrong? or anything that i need to configure more? I am on OTM 5.5 CU04

Thanks & Regards
    Last edited by enjoyOTM; January 20, 2009, 11:31.

Re: Unable to Create Bill - Sell Shipment using Automation Agent

Hi, sounds like you are doing everything correctly so you need ot see if the logic for creating Bills even kicks in at all. Turn on settlement and settlement details and see if at least the proces starts. One thing I could think of is that OTM tries to copy refnums from SS shipment to Bill and the Bill refnum does not exist so it fails. Also, do you have error notification setup in that agent to get a mail when the agent errors? In a lot of cases, the error messages tells you what went wrong.

Good Luck

Leo
    MavenWire
    www.MavenWire.com

Comment

Hi,

If you try to create a bill for the same sellside shipment from a Sell Shipment screen set action menu, does this work?

If not, then the agent will never work.

If it does, was this working in previous versions? Are there any other agents listening to the same Event?
      James Foran
      Toll Global Information Services
      http://www.tollgroup.com

Comment

Hi James

I am able to create bill manually for the same sell side shipment. Only through the agent i am unable to create the bill.

Hi leo

Thanks for the suggestion. U have mentioned about the " OTM tries to copy refnums from SS shipment to Bill and the Bill refnum does not exist so it fails." I hope the Bill creation fails only because of this. To make it work what should i do with the refnum?
        Can you please give me the details?

Thanks & Regards

Comment

Originally posted by enjoyOTM View Post
          Hi James

I am able to create bill manually for the same sell side shipment. Only through the agent i am unable to create the bill.

Hi leo

Thanks for the suggestion. U have mentioned about the " OTM tries to copy refnums from SS shipment to Bill and the Bill refnum does not exist so it fails." I hope the Bill creation fails only because of this. To make it work what should i do with the refnum?
          Can you please give me the details?

Thanks & Regards
          Hi enjoyOTM,

As an additional note,does your agent moves the sell shipment to reviewed status before trying to generate the bill...that might also be a reason for the failure..
          Warm Regards,
          Srivathsana

Comment

Hi

Yes my shipment is getting moved to the Reviewed State.

Regards

Comment

Hi,

I have done it before and it is able to work. I hope this thread is already closed.

Comment

Working...
              X