Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add New NFR Stop using Agent based on a business Rule

Hi,
    I have a requirement to add a NFR stop on the shipment based on shipment attributes and a business Rule. The rule will hold the location for the new stop. Can this be done using an agent action?

Re: Add New NFR Stop using Agent based on a business Rule

There is no Shipment Agent Action for this.

I would strongly recommend not trying to 'mutilate' the shipment with a custom action (pl/sql).

Comment

Louren, any reason why i should not do it using custom action?

Comment

Assuming you are talking about a planned shipment and not a shipment as work, you should appreciate that OTM applies a lot of logic to create the shipment. If you were to manually update the shipment, a lot of shipment actions would no longer work (or would error out) because OTM will re-apply the same logic it has used to create the shipment, and will then find out the shipment object is no longer the same.

Some potential problems:
        - If you add a stop, the total distance traveled of the shipment will change, which could have an impact on the shipment costs.
        - Adding a stop will require OTM to recalculate the shipment stop times, but OTM never heard of the location you want in insert, so how could the distance and travel time be calculated?

To summarize: OTM is not designed to randomly add Non Freight Related stops to a shipment. OTM's feature that may come close to what you want is Interim Stops (check out Online Help)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Louren, but how does adding an NFR stop through an agent is different from adding the NFR stop using an action item? OTM does redrive and replans the shipment as part of that process. I'm planning to do the same thing using an agent. All these location will be valid locations in the OTM.

Comment

There is no shipment action to add a stop

Comment

There is this one in 6.0 Shipment Management à Change Shipment Stops à Insert Non Freight Related Stop. I have not worked on previous versions so i'm not sure if it's a new one

Comment

Ahhh... 6.0!

Just checked online help and there is indeed an Buy Shipment Agent Action:

Create Stop
                Creates a non-freight-related shipment stop with location information on the tracking event, before or after the current stop.
                So it looks like you can do this after all in 6.0, but you won't find much people having experience with this as it is brand new.

Good luck,

Lourens

Comment

Thanks a Lot Louren

Comment

Suchita, I have a similar requirement where I need to calculate estimated arrival and departure based on enroute status, and Im exploring 'Add New NFR Stop' shipment action.

My requirement is to calculate estimated stop times and departure times on the shipment when a carrier sends an enroute status.

For example, if the shipment is moving from Portland to Atlanta and inbetween he sends an event 'Enroute to Location Update' indicating he is 300 miles from the next stop, OTM should calculate the estimate arrival time on the stop in Atlanta
                    Similarly, if the carrier sends an enroute location status of Houston Tx, then they want OTM to calculate the distance from that particular location and then calculate the estimated arrival and departure times on the next stop.

I was exploring 'Add NFR Stop' shipment action as an option, but wanted to know the ramifications of doing it.

Any help is appreciated
                    Thank You
                    anoopkrishna

Comment

Working...
                    X