Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web Tender Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Web Tender Issues

    Hello,

    We are trying to implement web tendering and are having issues. Basically, we've set up a few carriers and we can't get it to go through the whole list when declining tender. It'll go to the first two least cost carriers (each will decline tender) and then stop. It'll be in secure_resources_no_resources after this. The timeout was 5 minutes, then we switched to 10 minutes - same thing. I tried looking at the workflow to see if there was anything there, but didn't see much. I upped max-retender to 15 in case that was it, but still nothing.

    Is there something I'm missing? All carriers have rates and show up if you check rates/routes - so it should go through the whole list before timing out/saying no_resources.

    Let me know your thoughts please!

  • #2
    Re: Web Tender Issues

    I guess you might need to increase Workflow Parameter: MAX_NUM_RETENDERS (default is 3) via Business Process Automation > Power Data > Event Management > Workflow Parameters.

    Retender Shipment Parameters
    The Retender Shipment Workflow has only one parameter: MAX_NUM_RETENDERS or the maximum number of times to retry tendering the shipment. When the Retender Shipment workflow topic is raised, this parameter is checked for how many attempts remain to re-tender the offer. If the maximum number of tries has been met, this workflow sets the shipment as one that has no available resources. If the maximum number of retries has not been met, the workflow attempts to re-drive the shipment and locate an alternate provider. If one is found, the workflow raises the Planned Shipment Created workflow topic. If one is not found, it sets the shipment as one that has no available resources.
    --
    Joseph Liang
    MavenWire APAC
    http://www.mavenwire.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Web Tender Issues

      I've got everything set to 15-20 right now, so I don't believe that this is the solution.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Web Tender Issues

        Joseph's answer is correct.
        Note that the workflow parameter max_num_retenders has multiple entries, so make sure you select the correct one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Web Tender Issues

          We've got workflow set up properly
          While working with oracle, it appears it is a shipment mod agent adversley affecting web tender.
          If anybody is interested, I can update on the exact problem and solution when it is resolved.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Web Tender Issues

            Agents that are triggered by shipment creation/modification are very often the cause for unexpected behavior. OTM itself has a lot of logic going on when shipments are created/modified, and this could easily be interfered if multiple agents start in parallel and lock the object. In many cases I have solved many such problems by having only one single shipment agent starting with a one second wait action.

            To debug shipment related issues, always take a look at the logfile, your buddy in time of need!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Web Tender Issues

              I'll give that a try and let you know if it works. Thanks!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Web Tender Issues

                I haven't taken the time to determine what fixed it, but I put a 1 second wait before the shipment mod agent, and changed it from user role to object.
                Now it is working.

                Comment

                Working...
                X