Capturing shipment changes via Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing shipment changes via Integration

We are sending in changes to shipments via Integration using the RC transaction code. In the logging I see where OTM is removing the information.

I would like to capture what has been changed (order release additions, deletions) via an agent.

I have EVENTS turned on in my logs and I am not seeing OTM raise any events for transaction processing. I have the raise events for transmission and transaction processing set to true.

I have a test AGENT that is listening for transmission staged and just writing out a message to the log file for testing but this is not getting triggered.

How can I go about achiving this?

Thanks,

Rick

Re: Capturing shipment changes via Integration

Rick
    You might wish to turn on Audit for Shipments.
    That will capture every change with a before and after value.

If you need advice on turning on Audit - let me know

Gary
    Regards
    Gary Cunningham
    www.cbmc.co.uk
    www.mavenwire.com

Comment

I agree with Gary -- just remember the performance impact of auditing and be careful about leaving it on constantly.

--Chris

Comment

Gary/Chris,

I am using the prepersist and post-persist actions in my agent. I do not need to keep the data or the performance hit from using auditing. If I did turn on auditing it would have to be on at all times.

I am snapshotting my Shipment into a temp table and then doing a compare after the persist and clearing my temp table after the comparison is done.

Rick

Comment

Rick,
          I think you should turn on the compareEngine log.
          For instance, I copied the log from my instance as follows :

ComapreEngine
          TopicPublisher is publishing postMod LifeTime Topic ObLineCreated: obLine=GLFWW.RAJ_MUL-004, dataSource=USER, beforePersist=false, children= and it is triggered by the following data changes [TableInfoMode=CREATE,TableName=ObLine,Pk=GLFWW.RAJ_MUL-004)

The above log gives you the event trigerred(ObLineCreated and the changes took place in the table/field name.(Mode=CREATE,TableName=ObLine,Pk=GLFWW.RAJ_MU L-004)).

Hope it helps. Please let me know if it is useful.

Regards,
          Raj

Comment

Since this would need to be on constantly I am using the pre/post persist in an agent and that seems to be working fine at the moment.

Rick

Comment

Working...
            X