OTM 6.0 Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM 6.0 Requirements

I have noticed that OTM 6.0 is currently available in OS Linux 64 BIT version and did not se 32 BIT.

I would appreciate if you can share with me the system requirements like

1.0 What Oracle DB support ? Can I use 32 Bit OS for Oracle DB? What Oracle DB version is certified?

2.0 If I need to migrate OTM 55 database to OTM 6.0 DB if I have to install the 64 BIT version and how the migration is down? Standard regular migration or special procedure to migrate from OTM DB 32 Bit to OTM 6.0 DB 64 BIT.

3.0 Now that OTM 6.0 runs in 64 BIT means, how about JVM memory allocation? I remember that JVM maximum supports 2GB RAM in the past and wonder whether OTM 6.0 JVM can handle more than 2GB just because it runs in 64 BIT environment.

4.0 ANy known issues during installation / migration from OTM 55 CU4 (Linux-32 Bit) to OTM 6.0 64 Bit?

I would appreciate if you can share your experience / knowledge base.

Ra.

Re: OTM 6.0 Requirements

I'll try to answer what I can...

Originally posted by venkatgaja View Post
    I have noticed that OTM 6.0 is currently available in OS Linux 64 BIT version and did not se 32 BIT.

I would appreciate if you can share with me the system requirements like

1.0 What Oracle DB support ? Can I use 32 Bit OS for Oracle DB? What Oracle DB version is certified?

From the admin guide:
    Oracle Transportation Management supports the following databases:
    • Oracle 11g (11.1.0.7 on any supported platform)

2.0 If I need to migrate OTM 55 database to OTM 6.0 DB if I have to install the 64 BIT version and how the migration is down? Standard regular migration or special procedure to migrate from OTM DB 32 Bit to OTM 6.0 DB 64 BIT.

You can stay at the 32-bit database, however if you do upgrade there is a change that needs to be made to get the database to startup. I don't recall exactly what it was but it is an init.ora parameter.

3.0 Now that OTM 6.0 runs in 64 BIT means, how about JVM memory allocation? I remember that JVM maximum supports 2GB RAM in the past and wonder whether OTM 6.0 JVM can handle more than 2GB just because it runs in 64 BIT environment.

This will be a balance as I have seen the application take up to 3 times longer just to startup when I have it set to a 6 gig heap. I think it will be a while before we figure what the best heap size will be but expect it to be between 4-10 gigs.

4.0 ANy known issues during installation / migration from OTM 55 CU4 (Linux-32 Bit) to OTM 6.0 64 Bit? This is going to be a rough migration from what I have heard. We haven't tried it yet but will provide feedback when we do.

I would appreciate if you can share your experience / knowledge base.

Ra.
    If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
    15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Re: OTM 6.0 Requirements

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X