Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you access OTM over the Internet?

Hi,

Im looking for any users who access OTM over the external Internet i.e. not on a dedicated internal company intranet. I'm interested in your feedback about general OTM performance in terms of the UI. i.e screen loading times, running queries etc.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Marc

Re: Do you access OTM over the Internet?

Marc,

This is pretty standard and most customer and carriers access OTM over the Internet. Many customers do the same when accessing Hosted or BPO (SaaS) OTM instances. You'll find that OTM screens are heavy, so high bandwidth and low latency is very helpful. For example, accessing OTM instances in NA from China requires acceleration hardware for acceptable performance. Accessing from anywhere in NA or western Europe is generally fine.

--Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Can you explain more on the type of acceleration HW you are talking about? Are there any thumb rule to take a decision there like running a Network Impact test etc.. ?

THanks in advance
      Siva

Comment

First, I highly recommend running a Network Impact test -- which can be administered using a variety of tools, including Apache JMeter and HP Mercury Loadrunner.

I've seen a variety of devices used, from Web Accelerator devices (Riverbed) to HTTP compression engines. I definitely recommend testing, regardless of the device. For instance, we've found some HTTP compression engines to be incompatible with OTM, due to the comples javascript used.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
        X