READ/WRITE Screen in a Subdomain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• READ/WRITE Screen in a Subdomain

We are looking to provide customers with access to their order information in a specific subdomain set specifically for them. We would also like to allow them to create orders in that subdomain. Here is the issue that I run into:

I set-up a VPD profile with an external predicate for ORDER_RELEASE in that domain with READ access. Signed into that domain as a user with this VPD profile, I can then see all the orders in the subdomain but I am unable to create an order.

I re-set the VPD profile giving the external predicate for ORDER_RELEASE READ/WRITE access. I would think that this would solve the problem. The issue is that now I can create an order in the subdomain but I can also view and create orders in the main domain.

Am I misunderstanding the READ/WRITE function or could this be a bug?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: READ/WRITE Screen in a Subdomain

Hi Chris,

As per present functionlaity in OTM, this read/write logic is little weird.

As per my understanding,

Case 1:
    When VPD is defined with "Read" as external predicate then
    • User Can see only those business objects (e.g. Order release) that honor condition defined in external predicate.
    • These business objects can be read as well as edited by the user in this mode.
    • User can also create new business object, provided they honor condition defined in VPD external predicate for that particular business object

Example:
    • If we define VPD on Order release, say all OR starting with INFY with "Read" mode then, user can see only those OR starting with 'INFY'.
    • All these OR can be edited also.
    • Moreover, user can create new OR, provided their Order_release_xid is starting with 'INFY' only. No other order release can be created by the user

__________________________________________________ __________

Case 2:
    When VPD is defined with "Read/write" as external predicate then
    • User Can see all business objects (e.g. Order release) in that domain; irrespective of whether they honor condition defined in external predicate or not.
    • Out of all business object, only those who honor condition defined in external predicate can be edited by the user. Rest all business objects can be openend in read only mode only
    • User can also create new business object, provided they honor condition defined in VPD external predicate for that particular business object

Example:
    • If we define VPD on Order release, say all OR starting with INFY with "Read/write" mode then, user can see all OR in that domain
    • Only those OR starting with 'INFY' can be edited by the user.
    • Moreover, user can create new OR, provided their Order_release_xid is starting with 'INFY' only. No other order release can be created by the user

I hope this helps
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Re: READ/WRITE Screen in a Subdomain

Thanks, this is very helpful. Logic need not apply in this case...

Comment

Working...
      X