Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move custom screensets/ Manager Layouts from one OTM instance to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move custom screensets/ Manager Layouts from one OTM instance to another?

Hi,
    Is there any automated ways to move customized screensets and manager layouts from one otm instance to another?

Please advise as how can we achieve this as we have more than 50 of them.

Thanks and Regards,
    Venkat.

Re: How to move custom screensets/ Manager Layouts from one OTM instance to another?

Hi Venkat,
    can u help me on this if u have found any solution ..

Comment

Re: How to move custom screensets/ Manager Layouts from one OTM instance to another?

Hello,

You can replicate whole data of 1 OTM instance into another by DB expdp/impdp activity

It will create a same copy of your source OTM into destination OTM

Thank you!

Kr, Prasad
      Let's connect on LinkedIn
      Mobile: +91 973 049 6886
      E-mail: [email protected]

If my post was helpful, then click on the Like button

Comment

Hi Prasad,
        Thanx for replying..

can u pls help me to understand expdp/impdp..

i want to move manager layout & screen set manager from one instance to another....

Thanks & Regards
        Sanjita

Comment

Hello,

Cloning Oracle Transportation Management Database Schemas [ID 1313815.1] explains you all the steps to clone OTM instance. You need to search it on Oracle Support.

This document explains how to copy Oracle Transportation Management database schemas from one database to another
          This procedure could be used, for instance, to copy production Oracle Transportation Management database schemas to a test database

Note: Kindly use above procedure only for replicating whole OTM database to lower OTM instance and do not try on Production

Thank you!

Kr, Prasad
          Last edited by Prasad Chandane; February 11, 2014, 14:32.
          Let's connect on LinkedIn
          Mobile: +91 973 049 6886
          E-mail: [email protected]

If my post was helpful, then click on the Like button

Comment

Hi Venkat/Sanjita,

Just found out, go to BPA > Data Export > CSV export > EXPORT TABLE > RUN , in table name give "FINDER_SET" and then in where clause give the screen set gid name which you want to create, copy and paste in Notepad and save it as .CSV, then upload this .csv into the other system or environment via BPA > Integration > Integartion Manager >Upload an XML/CSV Transmission.

Please test this functionallity thoroughly, as i haven't done this, hope this solves your problem.

Regards,
            KC

Comment

Hi Kc,
              Thanx for replying...
              i tried doing CSV export & then uploaded that file in the required domain successfully....
              example : power unit
              when i m trying to edit the power unit in the new domain its showing error as --java.lang.NullPointerException

pls help me out to solve this error...

Thanx & Regards
              Sanjita

Comment

Sanjita,

1) can u pls send the log filea dn error screenshot when you are trying to edit the screenset.

2) Another good option is to use DB.xml exp/imp feature. That should work out as it is the best way. Try using that option and rename your finder set as {original_name}_1 and see if its working. If yes, then remove the one where you have errored out and use 'copy Screenset' feature and it should work out

Regards,
                Nikesh

Comment

Working...
                X