Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas appreciated:"New Requirement From Business"

Hello,

We are looking at a proposal, where below is the need from the business. Any kind of lead will be of great and lead us in right path...

We need to Modify

1. Contract and Rate Management------->Contract Management----> Rate Offering, Rate Record, Rate Service, Rate Inquiry(Doing a RIQ, we need to Hide the Rate information).

In the same way on Rate Record Screen , need to hide the Rate Cost tab( can we achieve with screen sets or we need to go to XSL Style Sheet customization by user preferences)

2.Transportation Panning and Execution ---> Planning Results--> Shipment Planning, On the result screen we need to hide the "Total Cost" column.

3. Transportation Planning and Executiion--->Shipment Management--> Shipment Edit, On result screen want to hide Financials So the user doesn't see the "COST" on that.

4. Transporation Planning and Execution---> Visibiliy-->Buy Shipments Events, Need to hide "Total Actual Cost Coloumn on the result screen.

I am wondering these above can be achieved through screen sets, manager layouts or XSL Style sheets customization.

There are Screeen sets like "Rate_geo( Label:Rate Record) , Rate_offering, Bulk_plan(Label:Shipments)..

For all these above screens i am right click and open in new window and it's giving me "finder_set_id", So i believe these have screen sets associated with it.

Please correct me.

Thanks
    Vinoth
    Last edited by rgvinoth; January 17, 2010, 16:33. Reason: More information!
    Thanks,
    Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
    http://www.vinoth.co/
    Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Re: Ideas appreciated:"New Requirement From Business"

Hi Vinoth,

some manager layout can be successfully modified by working on the associated XSL.
    You can find an example on how this can be done in the presentation I'm attacching to this post (presented by my colleague Stefano Giommi during OTM SIG 2009 and available in OTM wiki).

http://www.otmfaq.com/forums/attachm...ed-publish.pdf

I hope this will help.

Paolo

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response, sorry it took me little long to work out and thought of getting back to you.

Here are my road bumps on my UI customization. please correct me.

1. Transportation Planning and execution à shipment Management à Buy Shipment

SS = BUY_SHIPMENT
      MM = SHIPMENT à Detail-->Financial tab à (First) Customize Grid à Can’t Remove Cost type, Shipment Cost on Financial tab even though I deleted it from my Manager layout.

2. Planning Results-à Shipment Planning (Bulk plan)

SS = BULK_PLAN
      MM = didn’t find the Manager Layout, seems it is a published web page, TBD XML customization might needed.

3. Shipment Stop

SS = SHIPMENT_STOP

Identified the screen set and don’t have MANAGER LAYOUT ,Believe it is XSL page.

4. Rate Record

SS = Rate_Geo

Couldn’t identify the Manager layout for any "RATE" Menu's so couldn’t get rid off “RATE COST” Tab of rate record. Believe there is a need in XML customization.

5. And trying to customzation RIQ screen in way that we can hide the "COST" on the result page,. Thinking there is an XML customization.

Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Thanks,
      Vinoth
      Thanks,
      Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
      Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

Depending on what you want to do, you could try working either directly on the xml stored in MANAGER_LAYOUT table (e.g. I think it might work for the shipment cost grid) or on the xsl contained in one of the folders in path [otm home]/apache/htdocs/xsl/.......
        (e.g.: [otm home]/apache/htdocs/xsl/bulkplan or [otm home]/apache/htdocs/xsl/rate)

Remember that customized xsl files should be stored in the "Stylesheet Location" you define in user preference.

It's really a matter of trying and testing.. unfortunately I never tried with the fields you are talking about, but it worths a try!

Comment

I appreciate your response, Yes, i did tried to get rid off Shipment cost grid from Manager layout, and still it is keep showing the cost. I will try on XML and post it here.

Thanks.
          Thanks,
          Vinoth Gopalakrishnan

Comment

Hi,

Did you got anything...as we are also in the same soup...trying to do the changes in RATE RECORD...

Kind regards,
            KC

Comment

Hi Vinoth

please find below my comments.I hope you are in 6.x version.

1. Contract and Rate Management------->Contract Management----> Rate Offering, Rate Record, Rate Service, Rate Inquiry(Doing a RIQ, we need to Hide the Rate information).

If you want to hide the cost information at time of RIQ , then it would be xsl customization. RIQ results refer to results.xsl. even hiding the information in rate record is going to be xsl customization.

2.Transportation Panning and Execution ---> Planning Results--> Shipment Planning, On the result screen we need to hide the "Total Cost" column.

This is going to be manager layout changes, if you further require some more customizations then you need modify jspx generated with new manager layout id.

3. Transportation Planning and Executiion--->Shipment Management--> Shipment Edit, On result screen want to hide Financials So the user doesn't see the "COST" on that.

This can be achieved with manager layout id creation.

4. Transporation Planning and Execution---> Visibiliy-->Buy Shipments Events, Need to hide "Total Actual Cost Coloumn on the result screen.

This is going to be xsl customization.

regards
              Sriharish

Comment

Working...
              X