Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Agent for Two Custom Actions

Hi Everyone,

There are two queries regarding Agents and Actions Manager.

I have created two custom actions from Action manager and have attached agent id to each of the custom actions. Although I would like to know if there is a possibility/functionality, from where I can attach the same single agent id to both these custom actions.

Is there a way to capture the custom action into the database tables? For Ex: If I click the action from actions group
    1)Submit ABC
    2)Submit XYZ from actions then this should be stored in one of the refnum tables and as per the chosen action it needs to process the logic written in agent action tab.

Moreover, can someone also help me understand how do I attach this to a particular Access Control List that needs to be attached to a particular user role.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Pranav

"I would like to know if there is a possibility/functionality, from where I can attach the same single agent id to both these custom actions." -> What stops you from selecting same agent ID under action definition of both actions?
    "Is there a way to capture the custom action into the database tables?" -> I don't understand why you can't have two different agents, one per action. That way maintenance is simple. I don't see any way for agent to know which action triggered it.
    "how do I attach this to a particular Access Control List" - If you are on OTM 6.4.1, you have to secure action to a particular ACL and then only it can be used by users having that ACL on their role/user ID. But before 6.4.1, it is only controlled at screenset level.

Swapnil

Comment

Hi Swapnil,

Yes, there are two different agents now and we are on 6.4.1 so I have performed secure action and attached it to user role.

Thanks.

Pranav

Comment

Yes, 'Secure Action' is mandatory for any Custom Action newly created in OTM in OTM 6.4.1 and newer OTM versions

Thank you

-Prasad-
        Let's connect on LinkedIn
        Mobile: +91 973 049 6886
        E-mail: prasad.chandane@gmail.com

If my post was helpful, then click on the Like button

Comment

Working...
        X