Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM instance on freeze after 2 hours of working

Hi,

When i am using the OTM instance continuously for 2 hours, but after 2 hours working using IE the instance went on freeze while other applications were working intact. Please help me to understand, the reasons for this.

Regards,
    Murthy

Re: OTM instance on freeze after 2 hours of working

Assuming this is client issue.
    What IE version you are using?
    I have been seeing browser hanging and occuying 500+ MB memory in IE 7
    As my experience, IE 8 is faster and more reliable. Just make sure you have enabled Compatibility View.
    --
    Joseph Liang
    MavenWire APAC
    http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Joseph has a good recommendation. While IE 8 isn't supported with OTM, it seems to work fine if compatibility mode is enabled. I also tend to use Firefox 3.5.x, even though it's not officially supported.

Another question - does just the browser hang, or all of OTM? Meaning, if you kill the browser, can you re-login to OTM without restarting it?

--Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

We are able to relogin again without restarting the OTM server.

Regards,
        Murthy

Comment

In that case, please see if you can replicate using Firefox. If so, then it may not be the browser and may be an out-of-memory issue with OTM itself. You can also verify this by monitoring the Tomcat and WebLogic/OAS console.log files on the OTM server(s).

Look for constant Java Garbage Collection Events, which would indicate that all of the CPU time is being spent trying to free up memory.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
          X