No announcement yet.

Upgrading issues going from 5.0 to 5.5.2 on Win 2003

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upgrading issues going from 5.0 to 5.5.2 on Win 2003

    I just upgraded our test system from OTM5.0 to OTM5.5 and it went almost smooth.
    On the database side I installed ( 64 bit) that runs on Windows 2003 server x64
    First you have to patch this DB installation to or ASAP due to DST issues but also due to problems wit the Oracle EM on this version.

    On the OTM side every thing installed succesfully and started up right away:
    I do have two problems that I have a hard time solving so I will ask here to see if you have run into these:
    It seams like all the standard Manager Layouts have issues, they do not look right and all the little icons used for list, find, new and so on are all little red crosses and the tabs are only displayed as links. The data does however show up in them. Any sugestions? The Menu's and screen sets all look fine.

    2)I get a wired appache error when I try to edit and save data, see below. Otm does save the data changes but throws this error. Any idea what this means
    2007-03-30 16:22:49.578 0 Error GLog Error in file:///E:/otm55/apache/htdocs/xsl/c...gErrorPage.xsl at line number 167 at character 88 : javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Could not find variable with the name of tree_folder_closed_img
    at jrockit.reflect.NativeConstructorInvoker.newInstan ce([Ljava.lang.ObjectLjava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance([Ljava.lang.Object;I)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
    at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio
    at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio
    at glog.webserver.util.XalanProcessor.transformDocume nt(
    at glog.webserver.util.XalanProcessor.saxProcess(Xala
    at glog.webserver.util.AbstractServletProducer.handle CurrentDocument(
    at glog.webserver.util.AbstractManagementServlet.hand leCurrentDocument( 46)
    at glog.webserver.util.AbstractServletProducer.proces s(
    at glog.webserver.util.BaseServlet.service(BaseServle
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at ternalDoFilter(
    at Filter(
    at glog.webserver.screenlayout.ClientSessionTracker.d oFilter(
    at ternalDoFilter(
    at Filter(
    at glog.webserver.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doF ilter(
    at ternalDoFilter(
    at Filter(
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(

    So except for these two issues all looks ok so far.

  • #2
    Re: Upgrading issues going from 5.0 to 5.5.2 on Win 2003


    There may be a quick fix to your issue and it's been helpful for me in resolving several very strange web UI issues with OTM v5.5 CU2:
    1. Shutdown your OTM web services (Apache and Tomcat)
    2. Delete the following directory on your OTM web server: <otm_install_dir>/tomcat/work/Catalina
    3. Restart your OTM web services
    4. Test
    Another thought - did you run the dbpatch_55.sql script after installing OTM v5.5.2? I only ask because several people (including me once ) have forgotten to run this after installing via the OTM 5.5.2 installer.

    If either of these doesn't resolve the issue, let me know and we can begin digging into your log files for a more thorough analysis.

    Hope this helps!



    • #3
      Re: Upgrading issues going from 5.0 to 5.5.2 on Win 2003

      Hi Chris,
      thanks for your sugestions.
      I tried your sugetion and delete the folder
      and re-booted but same issue with the user interface.
      I did run the dbpatch_55.sql script when i upgraded the database.
      so not sure what this bug is, still waiting on OTM suport to give me their thoughts too.
      thanks runi


      • #4
        Re: Upgrading issues going from 5.0 to 5.5.2 on Win 2003


        If you want, you can post some log files and I'll take a look at them. The ones I'm most interested in are the following:

        OTM Web Server:
        1. <otm_install_dir>/logs/apache/error.log
        2. <otm_install_dir>/logs/apache/access.log.* (only the latest one that covers the timeframe of your error)
        3. <otm_install_dir>/logs/tomcat/console.log
        4. <otm_install_dir>/logs/glog.web.log
        OTM App Server:
        1. <otm_install_dir>/logs/glog.exception.log
        2. <otm_install_dir>/logs/weblogic/console.log
        If you can zip these up together (to save space) and post them, I can look at them tomorrow.