Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Oracle Forms and Reports Services (Standalone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Oracle Forms and Reports Services (Standalone)

Hi, everybody!

We have a fresn instance of OTM 5.5.
    Our system is:
    OTM: v5.5 CU4
    Arch: x86-64
    OAS Forms and Reports Services Standalone (10.1.2.0.2)

1. If we are trying to start OTM (every component) the following error occured:
    Starting RptApache
    (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address ip.ip.ip.ip:81
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs

Bit if we are adding the sudo command (before the startup scripts) OTM starts succesfuly.
    Is it normal to start OTM with the "sudo" command?
    Is it normal that some OTM components run under the root user (an effect of "sudo" command)?

2. All components of OTM are starting successfully. But if the Oracle Forms&Reports Services 10g (standalone) is runnig OTM (Tomcat & OAS) do not start. The foolowing message is from the OAS console.log:

STATUS | wrapper | | --> Wrapper Started as Daemon
    FATAL | wrapperp | | unable to bind listener port 0. (Address already in use)
    STATUS | wrapper | | <-- Wrapper Stopped

We tried to use staticports.ini (from this site) for the Forms and Reports but this did not help.

Best regards, Arthur.

Re: Problem with Oracle Forms and Reports Services (Standalone)

Hi Arthur,

What was the solution you got for this issue.

Regards,
    Vipin

Comment

This issue is more of an O/S issue than an application issue. Any port 1024 and under must be launched as root. That's why the sudo command works. If you want to launch the process by another user the port must be above 1024.
      If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
      15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Hi Nick,

Not sure whether this is an OS issue. We have OTM installed on Linux X-86.

My issue is that we are trying to start webserver but we are getting the similar error:

(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address ip.ip.ip.ip:80
        no listening sockets available, shutting down
        Unable to open logs

We don't have any other application running on port 80 , Only OTM is installed at this port.We have not installed any report server and webserver, appserver(OAS), database everything is installed on a single machine.

I did check with the sudo command as a root user but we get the same result. I have raised an SR as well but not sure how much time oracle will take to respond. So I wanted to check with Arthur if he had done anything to resolve this which we also could follow.

Regards,
        Vipin
        Last edited by cool_brat; April 4, 2009, 16:27. Reason: added details

Comment

The only other thing you can check is to make sure that IP address is truly bound to your server. Run a ifconfig -a and make sure that the IP that you have specified in the glog.properties shows up in the ifconfig. I would also recommend you get your SA involved in trying to figure out why the IP/port won't bind. It isn't an issue of the application more of a system administration issue.

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

Hi Nick,

I have checked the ifconfig option as well but it displays the same server name that was given in OTM installation/Glog.properties. I have not received any response from Oracle as well. I am just thinking whether we should try to retry installing OTM on port other than 80 to verify this?

Regards,
            Vipin

Comment

Vipin, are you the sysadmin or do you need to get someone with root permissions? You should be able to tackle this down to how the port is in use. If apache is saying it is in use as root then something else is running on that port.

If you run lsof -i :80 does that return anything?

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

Hi Nick,

Issue gets resolved when we access it on some other port(like we did got 88 here). We do have the access to port 80 as well but I am not sure why OTM is not able to connect to port 80 in our case. Earlier we used to run 554 version on port 80 but since we had some IP change then onwards we started having this problem.

But now atleast with port 88 , application has come up.

Regards,
                Vipin

Comment

Working...
                X