Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Ip Change

Hi All,

We had to move our server from one location to another and I believe some changes need to be done in OTM for new IP. Can some one let me know what changes need to be done in OTM for this.

Regards,
    Vipin

Re: Server Ip Change

Vipin,

Assuming the host name has remained the same on the app and web/report and the only thing that has changed is their IP address then you should only need to change the following files.

On the web

httpd.conf - Change the IP address on Listen directives. (In the $GLOG_HOME/apache/conf directory)

workers.properties - Change the IP address for the property worker.ajp13.host= (In the$GLOG_HOME /apache/conf directory)

server.xml - Change the <Connector address = value. ($GLOG_HOME/tomcat/conf directory)

On the Report Server (In OTM home /rptapache/conf directory)

httpd.conf - Change the IP address for the Listen directive. Also for the Allow directive where the <Directory> tag is is defined as $GLOG_HOME/rptapache/htdocs/, these would be web & app server IP addresses.

On the App Server

config.xml.template - ($GLOG_HOME/weblogic/config/gc3domain assuming you have WebLogic?) change the ListenAddress IP value.

That should be it for IP changes, of course you can do a recursive grep on the directory structure to be certain. There are more files touched if you need to change host names or if the database has also changed its IP. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
    Alan

Comment

Thanks a lot Alan for the information.

I will let you know once I am able to succeed with the implementation of these steps.

Comment

Hi Alain,

DB server and Application server has come up by doing the mentioned changes however webserver still has the issues and we are not able to see the front screen.

Can you suggest where we can trouble shoot this further?

-Vipin

Comment

Vipin,

Were you able to start tomcat & apache? What do you see in the apache access.log when you attempt to access OTM?

Thanks,
          Alan

Comment

Hi Alain,

Sorry for the delay . Please find attached the log files attached. I have attached all the logs -tomcat,apache,OAS.

Please let me know if you can suggest any solution from this.

Regards,
            Vipin
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone,

You might want to check the Blog post on "A New Address". I did an OTM IP migration and listed down some notes and checklists.

Hope its helpful!

Regards,
              Ian

Comment

Hi Ian,

Thanks for reply. We tried to follow the notes provided but we did not had any success. Hence we would go for reinstallation .We are running on 5.5.4.

Regards,
                Vipin

Comment

Hi Vipin,

Sorry it did not work for you. What version of OTM are you using?

Ian

Comment

I am on 5.5.4

-Vipin

Comment

Hi All,

We are trying to install 555 on the top of 554 here. But we are planning to use the same database. Will it cause any trouble?

Do we need to rerun the sql queries like creating users all over again or previously created users will suffice.

Can someone share their experiences on this.

Regards,
                      VIpin

Comment

Just FYI - I wrote the OTM installer and in QA environments we would often - reconfigure an OTM installation by doing recursive changes using sed/awk or grep.

However - for production environment's this isn't supported by Oracle and I highly recommend a re-install, to prevent future issues. The only pain about this procedure is the need to transfer over:

- custom properties from glog.properties
                        - custom XSL files
                        - custom Java code

In the end, a re-install is usually faster than trying to manually re-configure the property files.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X