• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to find the producer

Hello all!

after changing ip adresses of OTM, I have error:

Unable to find the producer.

at jrockit.reflect.NativeConstructorInvoker.newInstan ce([Ljava.lang.ObjectLjava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance([Ljava.lang.Object;I)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source)
    at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio n.java:413)
    at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio n.java:390)
    at glog.webserver.util.AbstractManagementServlet.getD ocument(AbstractManagementServlet.java:291)
    at glog.webserver.util.AbstractServletProducer.proces s(AbstractServletProducer.java:80)
    at glog.webserver.util.BaseServlet.service(BaseServle t.java:591)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at glog.webserver.screenlayout.ClientSessionTracker.d oFilter(ClientSessionTracker.java:54)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at glog.webserver.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doF ilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:44)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:17
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:14
    at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyo teHandler.java:199)
    at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(Handler Request.java:282)

Please Help!

Re: Unable to find the producer

Anybody have any idea about this one? I get the same error after installing a fresh version of OTM 5.5.2 and try to create a new Shipment. Happens when I try to click on NEW for both a Buy or Sell Shipment.

Comment

Hi cspadola,
      If the problem occurred on a fresh installation, then I would guess that you did not run dbpatch_55.sql, which a step missed in Admin Guide.
      Maybe Metalink Note 421367.1 is similar to your issue.

Do you use Weblogic or OAS with 5.5.2? Since CU2 is the first release that support OAS, there are many OAS related installation issues.
      --
      Joseph Liang
      MavenWire APAC
      http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Hi Alexd,
        For changing IP of OTM, you may refer to a blog A New Address! - Oracle OTM / G-Log GC3 Community Support
        --
        Joseph Liang
        MavenWire APAC

Comment

Hi Joseph...I tried to reimport the OTM DB once again and this time made sure that I ran each and every step - including the dbpatch_55 script.

I restarted the OTM web and app servers, logged into OTM and tried to create a new Order Release. However, I am still getting this same error.

Thanks for your assistance.

Carm

Comment

Did you check any errors in dbpatch_55_xxx.log and update_content_xxx.log?

Do you use Weblogic or OAS with 5.5.2?

If you are using OAS, as I mentioned earlier, there are many installer issues.

One of them, the classpath was missing in gc3env.sh, would cause dbpatch_55.sql failed.

Code:
            CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH%:$GLOG_HOME/oas/j2ee/home/lib/ejb.jar:$GLOG_HOME/oas/j2ee/home/lib/jta.jar
            export CLASSPATH
            --
            Joseph Liang
            MavenWire APAC

Comment

Hi Joseph...we are using Weblogic and not OAS.

Comment

Did you check any errors in dbpatch_55_xxx.log and update_content_xxx.log?
                --
                Joseph Liang
                MavenWire APAC

Comment

There were no errors in the update_content_otm55mod_20090827_0834.log.

However, there were some errors in the dbpatch_55.log. The errors all relate to 4 invalid objects that remain invalid up until this point despite multiple recompiles. This is an issue I have open with Oracle Support and they have been unable to resolve this so far.

I was hoping I could at least get a start on creating some sample orders and shipments in the system while Support tries to figure out a solution for those invalid objects. Guess not.

Comment

An update on my side - after a few calls with Oracle Support and then one with an Oracle DBA, we realized that the scripts provided by Oracle in the OTM installation do not always work properly. The issue is that 'system' does not always have enough privileges to create or modify objects during the OTM DB import.

We went back and any time there was an issue like this, I connected to the DB as 'sys as sysdba' and added the privileges where they needed to be added.

We now have 0 invalid objects and we are able to log in and use our new OTM environment.

Comment

Hi,
                      We are getting the same "Unable to find the Producer" error while adding the contacts to the location.
                      What might be the issue. Please suggest..

Comment

Hi Vishanth,

Your issue is different than the original thread.

Are you using customized screen/manager layout? If yes, then it might be corrupted, try using the default one and see if issue persists.
                        -------
                        Thanks and Regards
                        Anurag Saini
                        MavenWire

Comment

Working...
                        X