Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM 6.0 Installation Issue - OTM OAS is not coming up

Dear Members,

I have done the following activities to install OTM 6.0 in my Linux x86-64 Machine.

1. Installed Oracle RDBMS 11.1.0.7 Enterprise edition Server
    2. Installed Oracle RDBMS 11.1.0.7 Enterprise edition Client
    3. Installed OTM Web and App Server.

I installed all these components in the same server and tried to startup the services using otmweb60 and otmapp60 scripts. otmweb60 is working properly and otmapp60 says it has started the services. But actually none of the processes are running on the server.

I checked the logfile and found the following error.
    [[email protected] oas]# ls -ltr
    total 8
    -rwx------ 1 otm60 oinstall 0 Mar 18 19:43 placeholder.txt
    -rw-r--r-- 1 otm60 oinstall 36 May 20 18:39 console.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 otm60 oinstall 56 May 20 18:47 startup.out
    [[email protected] oas]# cat console.log
    Starting OC4J Application Server...
    [email protected] oas]# cat startup.out
    launcher.port has an invalid number.
    Command cancelled.

I believe the issue must be in oc4j scripts. Has anyone come across the same issue?

Re: OTM 6.0 Installation Issue - OTM OAS is not coming up

Suresh,

Currently OAS is not a supported platform for OTM v6.0 and you must install using WebLogic. A later release of OTM v6.0 will provide OAS support.

--Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris for your update. I have installed the weblogic 9.3 MP3 and OTM. Now again the same script OTMAPP60 has failed to start. I found the following error from the weblogic.log file.

INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:12 | <May 21, 2009 10:46:12 AM IST> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The server log file /otm60/otm/logs/weblogic/weblogic.log is opened. All server side log events will be written to this file.>
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | -----------> GC3 realm initialized
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | <May 21, 2009 10:46:16 AM IST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initializing using security realm otmrealm.>
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | <May 21, 2009 10:46:16 AM IST> <Critical> <Security> <BEA-090403> <Authentication for user system denied>
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | <May 21, 2009 10:46:16 AM IST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user system denied
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user system denied
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceMan agerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(CommonSecurit yServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:947)
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceMan agerDelegateImpl.initialize(CommonSecurityServiceM anagerDelegateImpl.java:1029)
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.i nitialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:854)
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecuritySe rvice.java:141)
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemReq uest.java:64)
      INFO | 2009/05/21 10:46:16 | Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

It looks like the password issue. What could be the password?

Comment

This is typically the system user, which WebLogic uses to initialize the security realm. The password needs to match up between the DB and the WebLogic configuration files. I believe the default password is CHANGEME, though I'm not sure why this wouldn't work out after a successful installation.

--Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply. I reinstalled the database and the OTM server. It's working fine now.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have installed OBIEE version 10.1.3.4.1 and integrated with OTM 6.0 as per the Installation document. Once I started the services and clicked the Dashboard in FTI section, I have got the following error.

Path not found (/shared/FTI Reports/_Portal/Main Dashboard/dashboard layout)
            Error Details
            Error Codes: U9KP7Q94

All other tabs under FTI are working fine. I found the LaunchDashboard.class file advancedanalytics web servlet directory, but couldn't able to find out the appropriate java file. How can I trouble shoot this issue?

Comment

This is going to be tough to troubleshoot. I would recommend you put a ticket in with Oracle support to get help on setting this up. I have a 20 page guide that I follow when setting this up and if even one step is missed, FTI won't startup. I would also check all of the log files to see if you find what could be wrong. Something will be in one of those log files. Also just an FYI, ROD does not work yet in 6.0 so you need to configure it to point to the OLTP database.

Check the following logs:

[OBI EE]/OracleBI/server/Log/NQServer.log
              [OBI EE]/OracleBIData/web/log/sawlog0.log
              [OBI EE]/OracleBI/server/Log/NQScheduler.log
              If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
              15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have this doubt on my mind. I have installed Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition, v. 10.1.3.4.1 for x86 platform. As you aware my platform is Linux x86-64. The software OBIEE (V 10.1.3.4.1) doesn't exist for 64 Bit platform. Hence I downloaded the software for 32 bit and carried out the rest. Would this make any issue?

Comment

The version that Oracle support recommends is 10.1.3.3.2 so I don't know if that matters but the only version available is the 32-bit and it does work on the 64-bit O/S. You do need to install the Oracle Sql client for 10g 64-bit to get OBI to interface with the database. You will get an error in one of the logs that it is an incompatible version but it still will work.

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

Hi Nick,

It's good to see your quick reply. I verified the certify column in metalink and found OBIEE version 10.1.3.4 only is certified with OTM 6.0.Yes, I completed the installation 10gR2 client for OBIEE and completed the steps as per the installation document.

As per your update, I have raised an SR with Oracle Support and will update this forums for any updates.

Comment

Can you send me the document ID so I can review? There may be an issue with the document that needs to be updated. I asked development and they told me to use the older version as that is what they had installed.

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

Hi Nick,

Initially I followed the document Oracle® Transportation Management -Technical Architecture Guide - Release 6.0 -Part No. E14515-01-March 2009. From the 2. Supporting Software page of the document, I had come across the information Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition 10.1.3.4 - The BI Suite is not part of the OTM Install.Fusion Transportation Intelligence can only be run on a server certified to run Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition.

Hence I downloaded the standalone version of this software and completed the installation.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Finally I have got the update from oracle support. It seems aa directory was corrupted and it was recreated using webcat.zip file. Now the issue has gone.

Comment

Suresh,

Can you list the steps how you have overcome the issue with the FTI Dashboard.
                            I am facing the same issue.

Thanks,
                            Durga Rao

Comment

Working...
                            X