Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBIEE and Oracle Client.

Hello,

We are installing OTM and we have problems in the communication between the servers.

We have no problems in the communication between OAS (from Report/FTI server) and OTM Data Base. But we have problems in the communication between OBIEE (from Report/FTI server) and OTM Data Base.

In the OTM Report/FTI server we have installed the Oracle Client 10g. Is it possible that we have to install another Oracle client? Can two Oracle clients be installed in the same machine with no problems?

Other question is: can we install another OBIEE version that can be installed with the Oracle Client 10g?

Our configuration is:

Linux Version: Red Hat 4 Update 7 ES
    OTM 5.5 CU5 RUP5
    OBIEE Suite:
    - Oracle Application Server: Version 10.1.2.0.2
    - Oracle Application server upgrade patch set: No patch
    - Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise edition: version 10.1.3.4.1
    - Apache – Tomcat (In OBIEE): version 5.5.27

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by apm; September 11, 2009, 12:47.

Re: OBIEE and Oracle Client.

I never had Oracle client issue during FTI installation.
    Not sure it's because I am running on Windows or I have done configuration using schconfig script.

You may compare your steps with mine attached at http://www.otmfaq.com/forums/f23/fti....html#post7100 to see what is difference.
    Last edited by josephliang; September 11, 2009, 22:36.
    --
    Joseph Liang
    MavenWire APAC
    http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

I haven't seen any issues and this is the standard setup we use for our hosted CentOS instances. Besides checking that you have the RPTAPP in your tnsnames.ora, I would check all of your OBIEE logs to see where the problem may be. There are about 4 or 5 logs that you need to check. Also be sure that tomcat and apache startup without any errors.
      If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
      15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Thanks for your answers. Finally, I have insalled Oracle Client 9i and it is working fine.

Thanks.

Comment

You should be able to get the 10g client to work too. I have it running for both 5.5 and 6.0.
          If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
          15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Working...
          X