Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System requirements for - PC Miler, Czarlite, Kewill

Hi,

Can anyone help me out about the minimum system requirements that are to be looked into for the Czarlite, PC Miler and Kewill; their architechture of how it integrates to OTM.

Please help me in also understanding the product architecture and the cost of the product.

Regards,
    Murthy

Re: System requirements for - PC Miler, Czarlite, Kewill

Hello Murthy,

OTM V6 has a dedicated interface to both SMC Rateware for either Czarlite rates or any other Tarrif that SMC supports (as has previous versions of OTM), and to Kewill's Flagship parcel rating engine (for rating with UPS, FedEx, DHL, TNT, etc., this is new in V6). I believe the communication is via TCP/IP to dedicated ports, for both applications communicating with OTM.

I am not very familiar with PC miler, but for the other applications they typically reside on their own server (either physical or virtual) and the requirements vary based on the demand you'll put on the server.

Feel free to give me a call and I can either answer questions for your specific needs or point you to the right resource to get you the answers.

Regards,

Peter Starvaski
    Director, Product Management
    Kewill
    978-482-2677
    Last edited by kewill_maven; September 24, 2009, 18:27. Reason: Phone number got chopped off when I hit submit the first time..

Comment

Hi,

PcMiler also works similar to Rateware, it listens to a port. It can be installed on same server where you have OTM Instance or on another physical or virtual box.

Let me know if you need more specific information on configuration etc.

Regards,
      Gurpreet
      Regards,
      Gurpreet

Comment

Just a O/S note...PC Miler works with Windows 2008 but SMC does not. If you plan on installing both, I would recommend you install Windows 2003.
        If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
        15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Hi Gurpreet,
          Please share installation steps of Kewill flagship and configuration with OTM.

Thanks,
          Sandhya

Comment

do any of these softwares have specific restrictions on the version of the JVM used for OTM 6.1x...

Do each user need an account on these tools , do licensing need to be per user or the connection is seamless to Kewill/PCMiler? and all we need is to get one single license to connect each of these tools?

Comment

OTM is only supported on the JVM that is shipped with it, with few exceptions.

As for licensing, it's best to talk with each of the companies. For PCMiler, for example, we've gotten conflicting information on this. At the very least, you need the server version of PCMiler, which I believe has a minimum 5-user license. For Kewill, I'm not sure.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
              X