Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup ORacle Application Servers(OAS) on OTM for 2 or 3,4 servers in cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup ORacle Application Servers(OAS) on OTM for 2 or 3,4 servers in cluster

We are in the process of adding one more application server to OTM. Did not find good document to do it.. can you please let me know you have done it already.

Sreedhar

Re: How to setup ORacle Application Servers(OAS) on OTM for 2 or 3,4 servers in clust

Sreedhar,

I believe you're looking for the "Application Scalability Guide" available at Oracle's website.
    Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) Documentation

In addition, I'd check out Jim's scalability presentation from this year's OTM SIG Conference:
    http://www.otmfaq.com/forums/f31/otm...2302/#post7008

--Chris

Comment

OTM on highavalibility

Hi ,

I am new to OTM world. Need configuration information to setup on linux64.

2 -Oracle Web -servers.
      2-Oracle Application Servers. (We are not using OracleWeblogic).
      Databases on RAC or non RAC.

Sreedhar Puppali

Comment

Re: How to setup ORacle Application Servers(OAS) on OTM for 2 or 3,4 servers in clust

That was very quick. Appriciate that.

Well, I am looking for configuration information like how containers(oc4j) or application casting or clustering need to do. I am looking for technical document.

Sreedhar

Comment

Sreedhar,

For OTM, you can't use the OAS clustering - you have to use OTM's built-in clustering technology (SCA or Scalability) which is covered in the docs that I referenced above.

--Chris

Comment

I see the catch. I think I will learn by doing.. Please let me know if you have any hands-on setup documnet.

Thank you - Sreedhar

Comment

The Scalability Guide above goes through all of the steps for the setup of SCA -- I definitely recommend reading it all of the way through and then posting back if you have questions or run into problems.

--Chris

Comment

Chris - I think I have done detail study on scalability document. I would appriciate if you can clarify few questions I have.

1. Is it must that two webnodes we are planning should be dns qualified and have dns name. If yes during the installation (Do we need to mention individually 01,02 servers or qualifed dns name)?
                2.Similiarly Oracle application servers it is must that we need to have dns name, if yes during the installation time how do we qualify.If we have load balance application server too, how does this effect?
                3. In Either case if we are using qualifying dns name.. do we still need to mention qualifying dns name or individual server name in glog.properties for scalability parameters.
                4.clarification using the scalabilty and updating app_machine is the only way, am I missing do I need to confiure in tomcat,apache any thing about load balace url?

Thank you - Sreedhar

Comment

Sreedhar,

1) Both web servers will need to have separate host names (and thus a different FQDN). Usually there is a load-balancer in front of the servers, however, which spreads out the load. So, if the URL to the load balancer is otm.company.com, it may split out the web traffic to otmweb01.company.com and otmweb02.company.com.

2) No - it is very important that the app servers have separate host names (and thus FQDN). This is used for setting up some of the clustering properties that identify each node.

3) I'm not sure if I understand. Since separate host names are required, you should use the appropriate one during the installation.

4) Scalability only clusters the App tier. You'll need a load-balancer with sticky sessions for the web tier, since Tomcat sessions are not synced between multiple web serves.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X