Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of OTM

Hi,

I am new in OTM installation, I have installed Oracle Transportation Management the Installation details are as follows

Installation type : Single Server
    Platform : Windows 2003 sp1
    Oracle Application Server 10.1.2
    Oracle Database 10.2.0.3
    Oracle Client 11g
    OTM 5.5cu6

The following steps was followed for installation (Reference used : OTM Documentation)

Steps followed :1) Installed Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 10.2.0.1
    2) Applied Patchset on Database Sever to upgrade to 10.2.0.3
    3) Installed Oracle Application Infrastructure 10.1.2
    4) Installed Oracle Application Server with Forms and Report Services
    5) Installed Oracle Client 11g
    6) Installed OTM by selecting Web and Apps Server Installation
    type(Port Details Web Server External : 81
    Web Server port : 81
    Application Server port : 23791, dbport : 1522,
    others are defaults)

7) Run Scripts for OTM on Database Server. (Has 5 Invalid Objects after importing the objects)
    Executed dbpatch_55.sql (had some errors due to previous invalid objects)
    9) Started following services
    a) otmapp55
    b) otmweb55
    c) otmwebtomcat55

Please let me know the installation steps followed are correct?

Please find the attachments for logs of database import and tomcat and apps consol.log and snapshot of page getting after entering the url.

Thanks,
    Prabhati
    Attached Files

Re: Installation of OTM

I'm not sure exactly where the installation went awry, but I can help guide you a bit.

Based on your App Log, the app server isn't able to make a connection to the DB in order to setup the securty realm or create the DB connection pool.
    Code:
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:37:04 | java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:37:04 | 
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:37:04 | 10/03/26 12:37:04 java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:37:04 | 10/03/26 12:37:04     at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:138)
    As a result, the App server is shutting down:
    Code:
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:56:48 | 10/03/26 12:56:48 Error: Could not connect to the remote server. Please check if the server is down or the client is using invalid host, ORMI port or password to connect: Connection refused: connect
    ERROR  | wrapper  | 2010/03/26 12:58:50 | Shutdown failed: Timed out waiting for signal from JVM.
    ERROR  | wrapper  | 2010/03/26 12:58:50 | JVM did not exit on request, terminated
    STATUS | wrapper  | 2010/03/26 12:58:51 | <-- Wrapper Stopped
    Tomcat is attempting to connect to the App server and is failing, thus not deploying the /GC3 context:
    Code:
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:37:10 | SEVERE: Servlet /GC3 threw load() exception
    INFO   | jvm 1    | 2010/03/26 12:37:10 | javax.servlet.UnavailableException: The OTM Application Server is not available.
    As a result, when you try to access the OTM web page, Tomcat is throwing the error in your screenshot.

So - I'd start by investigating the DB and your ability to connect to it.

--Chris

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response, for your reference I can provide u the installation snapshots, so that you can verify the installation steps followed.

Prabhati
      Attached Files

Comment

1. Change
        DB Connection String to => orcl from otmdb
        DB SID to => orcl from otmdb

2. To remove the Invalid Objects
        Ensure below statement is executed
        SQL>> alter system set o7_dictionary_accessibility=true scope=spfile;
        SQL>> startup force

above should be done before you execute
        @create_gc3_tablespaces.sql

B.S.Chakravarthy Yadav
        Product Design Head

Comment

Unfortunately, I won't be able to review the entire installation - it's become a very busy week

I do recommend testing the DB connectivity, passwords and logs, however.

--Chris

Comment

Hi,

One more thing you have not mentioned if you have copied the external Jar files.

Ensure they are copied.
            below posting from Chirs with a zip of all Jars.
            http://www.otmfaq.com/forums/f23/otm...tallation-415/
            Last edited by bscyadav; March 29, 2010, 19:53.
            B.S.Chakravarthy Yadav
            Product Design Head

Comment

Hi,

I have copied all the 3rd Party/external jar file to the respective locations as mentioned in the README.txt file.

The following changes has to make in which file (glog.properties) ?
              1. Change
              DB Connection String to => orcl from otmdb
              DB SID to => orcl from otmdb

Thanks,
              Prabhati.

Comment

Those Changes need to be done while installing OTM
                In the DB screen of OTM Installation you have to change
                pls check the attachment
                Attached Files
                B.S.Chakravarthy Yadav
                Product Design Head

Comment

Hi,

Thanks of the previous reaplies. Further, I tried the OTM installation again with weblogic8.1 SP6 with 11g database. The installation went smothly with any errors. Services getting started but when I try to access OTM it gives following errors:-
                  javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.SecurityException: User: guest, failed to be authenticated.javax.security.auth.login.LoginExcep tion: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: java.lang.SecurityException: User: guest, failed to be authenticated. at glog.database.security.jaas.ClientLoginModuleImpl. login(ClientLoginModuleImpl.java:67) at jrockit.reflect.VirtualNativeMethodInvoker.invoke( Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.ObjectLjava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Ljava.lang.Object;[Ljava.lang.Object;I)Ljava.lang.Object;(Unknown Source) at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(Logi nContext.java:675) at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000( LoginContext.java:129) at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(Login Context.java:610) at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModul e(LoginContext.java:607) at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(Login Context.java:534) at glog.database.security.jaas.AuthenticationContext. login(AuthenticationContext.java:95) at glog.util.j2ee.remote.ASNamingDirectory.jaasLogin( ASNamingDirectory.java:89) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.(NamingDirectory. java:720) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.get(NamingDirecto ry.java:194) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.getForGuest(Namin gDirectory.java:27 at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.get(NamingDirecto ry.java:110) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.get(NamingDirecto ry.java:121) at glog.util.remote.SessionBeanHomeInvoker.(SessionBe anHomeInvoker.java:26) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.get(NamingDirecto ry.java:165) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.get(NamingDirecto ry.java:220) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.getForSystem(Nami ngDirectory.java:266) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.getForSystem(Nami ngDirectory.java:305) at glog.util.remote.NamingDirectory.getForSystem(Nami ngDirectory.java:309) at glog.util.uom.UOMLoader.loadFromServer(UOMLoader.j ava:92) at glog.webserver.util.BaseServlet.service(BaseServle t.java:572) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:803) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catoalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.d oFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:18 at glog.webserver.session.ParameterValidation.doFilte r(ParameterValidation.java:29)I tried the workarounds to solve the problem by refering metalink id 422201.1 and 551569.1 but still having the same problem.Please suggest some solution for the above problem.Thanks,Prabhati.

Comment

Hi,

It worked after reseting the password of "guest" gl_user_gid in gl_user table to "VAU9uZtJtMwEb3tIVKgN49bfrnE=".

- Prabhati Sharma.

Comment

Working...
                    X