Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I update customer data from a source system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I update customer data from a source system?

Hi Folks,

We're implementing OTM 5.5 in an Oracle applications (EBS) environment, and we want to make the EBS environment the master as far as customer data is concerned. So I need to make an interface that will keep customer data on the OTM side synchronized with EBS. I've interfaced with OTM in the past, so I know how to get data in there, but I don't see any specific elements in the GLogXML-v2001.xsd schema for customer data. Am I missing something, or is there some other method I should be looking into in order to accomplish this?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best regards,

-Adam

Re: Can I update customer data from a source system?

Hi,

You do not need to synchronise custom data from EBS to OTM. If u're using out-of-box EBS OTM integration then Customer data is created in OTM everytime a Delivery from EBS is interfaced with OTM.
    Even when a Cusomer /Customer Site is Updated in EBS that updates the Customer in OTM when the Shipping synchronisation request is run. So, i do not think that any stand alone synchronisation is required for that.

Let me know if this clarifies the doubt

Regards,
    Divya

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply Divya.

Are the instructions for integrating OTM and EBS part of the OTM documentation, or the EBS documentation? I can't seem to find good docs on the subject in either set, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Also, I think it's unlikely that we'll do full integration with EBS, all we're really looking to do is keep customer data synchronized, so my original question still stands, I think.

Thanks,

-Adam
      Last edited by avonnieda; March 9, 2009, 14:22.

Comment

Hi,

The you can find the OTM -EBS Integration guide on Oracle website. You can also look at www.metalink.oracle.com for related stuff.

If you are looking at Customer Synchronisation alone then you will need to customise the solution. Oraclce out-of-box integration processes do not support this functionality.

Regards,
        Divya

Comment

Hi, thanks again for the reply. Yeah, customization is pretty much the conclusion I'd come to.

Thanks,

-Adam

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
            X