Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significance of Passive / Active Connection Modes in FTP, External System

Hi,
    I am trying to send some files to another system through an external system. I need to send the data by ftping to the remote system.
    I have defined the external system for FTP by giving the UserName, password, Host Name, remote folder. I am not able to understand what the other options, 'Connection Mode' and 'Use FTP Append' used for.

When I am giving Connection Mode as Passive then the proper xml file is created in the remote folder but when i define Connection Mode as Active the file is getting created but there is no data in it.
    Could anyone please explain me why this is happening like this and what is the significance of active / passive Connection Mode.

I need one more information, I need to know how to configure otm for using the "Oracle Advanced Queuing" for sending outbound xml.

Thanks & Regards,
    Girish.
    ----------
    Thanks & Regards,
    Girish.

Re: Significance of Passive / Active Connection Modes in FTP, External System

Girish,

Here's a good link that describes the difference between active and passive FTP. It all depends on how your FTP server is setup and the network devices between the OTM server and the destination FTP server. Overall, active and passive communicate very differently, using different tcp/udp ports.

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

Hope this helps!

--Chris

Comment

Re: Significance of Passive / Active Connection Modes in FTP, External System

Hi Girish,

Could you please share the end-to-end setup points to configure FTP in OTM.

Thanks,
      Kamleshwar Chopra

Comment

Working...
      X