Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency, Weight UOMs

Hi,
    We have a problem with UOM values with integration. It would be of great help if someone can help.

When we transfer EBS Delivery to OTM, The UOM are getting changed.

The EBS UOM for currency is EUR. But in OTM we see the value in USD.

The EBS UOM for weight is KG (Kilograms). But in OTM we see LB (Pounds).

How can we get the same values as UOM. We don't need any defaulting.

Thanks,
    Venkat.

Re: Currency, Weight UOMs

Hi Venkat,

You can use "user preference" to set interface language, currency type, date and time format, units of measure etc. that are used as the defaults in business objects

After a user preference set is created, it can be assigned to an entire domain, a specific user, or a specific user level.

So change default UOM for weight to KG and EUR for currency in new user preference. Attach it to your OTM domain and then load/integrate data.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,
      Thanks a lot. But our customer do business in many currencies. But in this case, the currency will always be one.

Can't we just pass the currency/ UOM from EBS and display the same in OTM?

Thanks,
      Venkat.

Comment

Hi Venkat,

Try setting "Display UOM as Entered" preference as YES and re-test your scenario.

But I think there is some problem/bug with this preference as desired results are generally not obtained. Keep me updated on your test results.

Nipun
        Nipun Lakhotia
        Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipun,
          It is too much a delayed response. I have tested this longback. But forget to update here. This is also now working. But there is a flag "as entered" in user defined Manager layouts. It will make display the UOMs which entered in the beginning. The Problem is i need make user defined layouts for all level users. And this flag is not available for many business objects. It is available for Order base but not available for order releases. So this is still an issue for us.

Thanks,
          Venkat.

Comment

Hi ,

Please let us know with the solution of the UOM. i am facing the same issue of UOM conversion, i tried various things like
            1) Update User Preferences.
            2) Checked the 'As Entered Flag' in User Mnager layout.
            3) Update the 'is_storage_field' of LB as 'N' in the UOM table.

But nothing seems working. I am in OTM 6.2 version. Please let me know with a response.

Regards
            Ayush

Comment

This is not an application issue, but an integration issue.

Not that I worked with this myself, but I remember you have to sync the default UOMs between EBS and OTM if you want to use the standard pre-packaged EBS-OTM integration

Comment

Working...
              X