Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching SOAP Wrapper to OTM Outbound XML

Hi Folks,

Has anyone worked on using XSL Transformer for OTM outbound transmissions. Our requirement is basically create a SOAP Wrapper with Authentication Credential details around OTM Outbound XML before invoking target web service.
    As suggested by Oracle, we created a custom XSL & placed it in <otm_home>/apache/htdocs/xsl path.
    We've also added the name of the XSL under Webservice Operations. Still we're not getting a SOAP Wrapper around OTM when OTM transmits a test outbound message to a test BPEL Server.

Any pointers?

Regards,
    Naveen

Re: Attaching SOAP Wrapper to OTM Outbound XML

To integrate with BPEL, why don't you use WebServices and WSDL directly?

Originally posted by naveengupta4s View Post
    As suggested by Oracle, we created a custom XSL & placed it in <otm_home>/apache/htdocs/xsl path.
    Did Oracle suggested you to place XSL in <otm_home>/apache/htdocs/xsl?

Normally when I use XSL transformation for outbound integration, the XSL file is placed in <otm_home>\glog\integration\client\xsl (both Web and App) and is designated in External System.
    --
    Joseph Liang
    MavenWire APAC
    http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply.
      I have been able to successfully generate a SOAP message by parsing the OTM XML through the custom XSL. The path suggested by Oracle worked fine.

Now the issue I'm facing is:
      1. An additional wrapper around SOAP message which OTM is appending in its output XML as attached.
      2. How can we pass SOAP Authentication Details in the SOAP Message. FYI: These authentications are part of the firewall authentications & are expected to be sent as part of the SOAP Header. There is another set of authentication to be included in SOAP Body which is being appended by the XSL.

Thanks,
      Naveen
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Another thing. Is there any way to increase the log detail level to get to know the OTM output XML after application of XSL over the standard Transmission. Currently the I_TRANSMISSION table gives the details of the transmission before the application of XSL.

Regards,
        Naveen

Comment

In terms of logging, you may turn on Log ID: IntegrationOutbound, IntegrationOutboundDetail, and IntegrationTransform to see more detail during transformation.

Could you let me know what exactly Oracle suggested and the xslt you are using?

Because as my understanding, for outbound transmissions, I_TRANSACTION stores raw transaction XML (before transformation) and I_TRANSMISSION stores transformed XML.
          --
          Joseph Liang
          MavenWire APAC

Comment

Thanks Joseph,

I have been able to set up XSL properly. I_TRANSMISSION stores the XML BLOB prior to transformation. I was able to retrieve the post transform XML from the log file after turning ON IntegrationTransform.

I have created a custom XSL and placed in <otm_home>\glog\integration\client\xsl folder. Then linked the XSL using External Translations in External System Manager & further bounced the server.
            It worked fine thereafter.

Regards,
            - Naveen

Comment

In case you are not aware of this.
              You may upload xsl files via
              Business Process Automation > Integration > Integration Manager > Upload an XML/CSV Transmission
              as logging on as DBA.ADMIN, without bounce the server.
              --
              Joseph Liang
              MavenWire APAC

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone help me understand how can I link the uploaded XSL file with an external system?
                I don't seem to find how an XSL template is linked to a stylesheet profile specified in the external system(if it actually happens)

Comment

Working...
                X