Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Setup Basics for SendingTender/Pickup Notification via HTTP Post to Carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Setup Basics for SendingTender/Pickup Notification via HTTP Post to Carriers

Hello,

Can anyone give a basic quick and dirty guide to the setup process for sending a shipment tender/pickup notification to a carrier via HTTP Post? What power data has to be set up in advance? What system settings have to be turned on? How do I make sure the proper OTM data field is mapped to the carrier's defined template? Etc? I have read the help documentation and have not found it to be very useful, at least not to a non-techy person such as myself. Any help in getting this set up is appreciated. I figure this must be a pretty straightforward process that many others have already worked through.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Re: Need Setup Basics for SendingTender/Pickup Notification via HTTP Post to Carriers

Stephen,

You posed a lot of questions there. Let me try to address them one by one:
    1) Sending tender notification by HTTP post: Look in the OTM Integration Guide.
    2) Power Data setup: See 1)
    3) System Settings: See 1)
    4) OTM data to Carrier template Mapping: There's no such thing as a pret-a-porter Interface Mapping. From an OTM perspective, there is a standard XML message containing all relevant fields for tendering that can be sent by HTTP post. Converting this to the carrier's defined template is not done in OTM, but in some middleware you have to configure.

It is an illusion to think that creating interfaces is 'a pretty straightforward process' even though it has been done by many others in the past. OTM has been implemented with many clients in the past 10 years, but there's still no magic button to implement it in a day or so.

Lourens

Comment

Working...
    X