Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTM needs to fetch data from a Pervasive SQL database. Best practices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTM needs to fetch data from a Pervasive SQL database. Best practices?

Hi Folks,

I'm not a technical OTM guy, more of an Oracle DBA. The problem I have is, we need to be able to select data from a remote Pervasive SQL database and use this data within OTM. Currently, I have set up an Oracle gateway (ODBC, v11.1.0.7) and created views which select the data over a database link. It's not reliable, and I'm not getting much help from Oracle. So my question is, if I need to punt this solution and start over, what's the best path? What's the best way to be able to get data from a remote (and not really mainstream) database. We don't have any middleware in place at this time, so if that's the answer, it's kind of a big deal. I'm hoping there's some other answer.

Thanks very much for your time,

-Adam vonNieda

Re: OTM needs to fetch data from a Pervasive SQL database. Best practices?

Overall, I'd recommend an integration layer. I understand that you don't have any middleware tools, but OTM comes with a set of Python scripts that allow you to create a rudimentary integration server. Several OTM customers are using this reliably and have been for 5+ years. This may be a place for you to start, which will allow a migration path to a more formalized middleware int he future.

--Chris

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chris. That's interesting, I didn't know about the Python scripts, is there any documentation on them?

Thanks,

-Adam

Comment

I'm not sure if there is - don't remember if it's covered in the OTM Integration guide. If nothing else, you can check out the scripts under $OTM_HOME/utils/integration/.

--Chris

Comment

Will do, thanks again Chris.

-Adam

Comment

Working...
          X