Number of Order Release created in OTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Order Release created in OTM

We have a custom application which maintains orders information. We are using middleware to transfer these orders to OTM. I have couple of questions on this.
    1.Is there a restriction in the number of records being processed in OTM.
    2.Can OTM handle more than 6000 Order Release creation in one process.
    3.We are anticipating 4000 to 5000 Order to be transfered from our custom application to OTM. What's the best approach?.
    4.Can we spilt the records in chunks of records, if so how many records can OTM handle in a chunk.
    Last edited by gurujala; November 24, 2009, 03:23.

Re: Number of Order Release created in OTM

1.Is there a restriction in the number of records being processed in OTM.
    CP> I don't believe that there is a hard limit, other than what available memory and system resources allow.

2.Can OTM handle more than 6000 Order Release creation in one process.
    CP> Yes, I believe so, but this may not be the most efficient approach.

3.We are anticipating 4000 to 5000 Order to be transferred from our custom application to OTM. What's the best approach?.
    CP> You can break these up on your integration layer and send them to OTM in concurrent batches. This will allow OTM to process in parallel and make better use of your hardware and of the OTM thread queues.

4.Can we spilt the records in chunks of records, if so how many records can OTM handle in a chunk.
    CP> Again, this depends on many variables, including hardware and the complexity of your Orders (Order Bases or Order Releases, number of lines, refnums, etc).

--Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris for the response.

One more question.
      1. We are planning to use TIBCO as middleware, Assuming we have 5000 Orders to be transferred from Custom Application to OTM, Can we spilt these 5000 orders to chunks of 500 orders in TIBCO and send it to OTM in batches.

Comment

My rule of thumb is that it could take up to a second for OTM to process a single order. It may very well be true that chunking up big transmissions will help a bit, but OTM will be quite busy nonetheless.

Best advise I can give you is to send the orders at night, as I suspect OTM will be busy for about an hour to process your 5000 orders, chunked up or not.

Comment

Working...
        X