Location details in outbound ReleaseXML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location details in outbound ReleaseXML

The standard outbound ReleaseXML only includes the Location GID for source and destination location, and not the relating location details.

Does anyone know if a property or any other setting exists to include all location details?

Lourens

Re: Location details in outbound ReleaseXML

If you use GLOG_NONE Out XML Profile, you should see Location detail in
    /Transmission/TransmissionBody/GLogXMLElement/Release/TransOrder/Location

You may also want to create your own Out XML Profile to reduce size of outbound XML and improve performance.
    --
    Joseph Liang
    MavenWire APAC
    http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Lourens,

I know you appreciate the value of Out XML Profiles - though I want to reiterate for others who will read this thread.

Joseph is absolutely right - the performance impact of having a fully-open Out XML Profile is high and we've seen customers DB utilization reduce by 15-30% by implementing appropriate profiles. This is because OTM doesn't have to do all of the queries to fill out unnecessary XML elements.

--Chris

Comment

In our case, we don't want to reduce information in the ReleaseXML, but increase. Unfortunately we can't use the solution that Joseph suggested, as we don't have Order Bases in our set up, so we don't have a TransOrder element. Oddly enough, the TransOrder element always includes the location with all its detail, but the ReleaseXML doesn't.

With regards to performance issues, we will only address this once we found a solution that works. At the moment, we have no solution other than copying all address details to refnums/remarks to ensure they end up in the outbound ReleaseXML.

Thanks,

Lourens

Comment

I checked the schema again. Unfortunately, Location element is not in Release interface at all. So, no way to include it in ReleaseXML.
          What Location info do you need?
          If you just need some fields, such as CITY, PROVINCE, you can assign them to Variables and place them inside Remark when you send integration.

Later, you can retrieve Remark from
          /Transmission/TransmissionBody/GLogXMLElement/TransactionHeader/SendReason/Remark[RemarkQualifierGid/Gid/Xid='REM']/RemarkText
          --
          Joseph Liang
          MavenWire APAC
          http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

I just hoped someone was aware of a property/setting to add elements to a message. Oracle is not eager to add elements to the default message, as it can mess up a lot of existing interfaces.

Comment

Even this thread is three years old I think the underlying issue is not solved yet, or?
              We have same problem at the moment where we need to send ReleaseXML contaning location details (Location Name, Address Lines).

If anyone has an idea on how this can be done (preferably without putting everything in refnums or remarks) it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
              Sascha

Comment

Working...
              X