Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outbound Intg from OTM generates XML without xml tag elements and only values display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outbound Intg from OTM generates XML without xml tag elements and only values display

Hi Everybody,

We have a strange issue happening on couple of our testing environment. This issue is related to outbound integration from OTM to an FTP destination location.

When ever we perform action 'Send Interface Transmission' after selecting any shipment. The external system we always select for this issue to replicate has a new outxml profile defined for PlannedShipment interface, and also an XSL stylesheet for filtering a specific set of output only when the file is finally generated on the FTP location.

The issue we face is that the XML file does get generated at the FTP location, however the XML file DOES NOT contain any XML elements (XML tags are not present) and only values are present. Please find some of the text from the XML file pasted below.
    Here you can view that values don't have their XML element tags, however the values are properly indented as per XML indentation (here in this output the Indentation is not supported I guess).

Sample Output: -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    ftpuser
    ftpuser
    UTC
    +00:00
    UTC
    +00:00

QUERY TYPE
    SHIPMENT
    SEND_INTEGRATION
    SHIPMENT
    ASHWIN
    GLOG
    ASHWIN.01030

Please note that we did explicitly check the transformation of the XML with the XSL stylesheet we used using tools like Altova XML spy and some other Online tools available for this purpose, and the output generated is exactly as per our requirement. So we believe the XSL that we have used and also the XML getting generated because of the new outxml profile is working as desired. However only when integrated into OTM, the output is as above.

Did anybody encounter similar issue in their implementation or past experience? Any pointer on this issue resolution is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Suresh

Re: Outbound Intg from OTM generates XML without xml tag elements and only values dis

I know that this isn't helpful - but this one has me stumped. The main reason is that the main XML version tag is complete. I know this gets appended later in the process, but it's just odd.

If you don't filter via the XSL, does the posted file get formatted correctly?

--Chris

Comment

Re: Outbound Intg from OTM generates XML without xml tag elements and only values dis

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the quick response. Well I tried the following steps as below to check if my new outxml profile I have is appropriate or not -

1. Using 'Perform Integration Command' I selected the PlannedShipment Interface and explicitly selected the new outxml profile and also the Shipment Object I am trying with.. The output of the xml was as per the new Outxml profile template defined.

2. Using 'Send Transmission Interface' action on the Shipment object was performed and the external system which has only the New outxml profile defined was selected, even in this case the XML was same as created in above step.
      Please note that in both the case xml generated was very small with only Shipment costs details present and also the XML element tags and their values.

Out of curiosity I even tried to comment all the filtering in my xsl and just with a xml element tag with hardcode value 'Hello world'. This XSL was also uploaded and same was applied in the external system used. But even then the output was generated with values without xml elements and to my surprise my 'Hello World' was NOT displayed.

Do you think its a bug in the application? I understand that without you having access to the outxml profile I created and also the XSL I am trying with, its very difficult to comment on this.

Please let me know your view.

Regards,
      Suresh

Comment

I'm really not sure - If you try a different delivery mechanism (say http), are the results the same? That would help to determine whether the issue is with OTM, the recipient program or something FTP specific.

--Chris

Comment

Try to set glog.integration.enableXmlNamespace=false
          Not sure whether this is a good approach, but if you can't set the property, then you may try this in your XSL

Code:
          <?xml version='1.0'?>
          <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="[URL="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"]XSLT Namespace[/URL]" xmlns[COLOR=red][B]:a[/B][/COLOR]="[URL]http://xmlns.oracle.com/apps/otm[/URL]">
          <xsl:template match="/[B][COLOR=red]a:[/COLOR][/B]Transmission">
           <Transmission>
            <TransmissionHeader>
             <UserName><xsl:value-of select="[COLOR=red][B]a:[/B][/COLOR]TransmissionBody/[B][COLOR=red]a:[/COLOR][/B]GLogXMLElement/[COLOR=red][B]a:[/B][/COLOR]TransOrder/[COLOR=red][B]a:[/B][/COLOR]TransOrderHeader/[COLOR=red][B]a:[/B][/COLOR]TransOrderGid/[COLOR=red][B]a:[/B][/COLOR]Gid/a:DomainName"/>.ADMIN</UserName>
            </TransmissionHeader>
          --
          Joseph Liang
          MavenWire APAC
          http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Hi Joseph and Chris,

Thanks very much for the information provided..

I tried doing the same suggested by you.. but didn't help.. I have doubts on my XSL which I am using. I guess I need to check help of my integration team on further implementation of suggestion provided by you on this.

Will keep you updated once I am done and if there are any queries..

Thanks,
            Suresh

Comment

Hi Chris and Joseph,

To the approach of selecting another communication method; I tried with HTTP and specified the URL in the external system... The Transmission is successfully processed.. however the report shows exception as below -

Transmission 1007 sent to URL http://172.17.115.52/GC3/glog.integr...vlet.WMServlet ; remoteReply = [org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog. at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createS AXParseException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalEr ror(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportErro r(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportErro r(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportErro r(Unknown Source) at

This is because the XML is not properly transformed using the XSL as I can see in the XML_BLOB column in I_transmission table shows values as below -

SURESH.ADMIN CHANGED 14249 20091118141752 UTC +00:00 20100215152309 UTC +00:00 1 QUERY TYPE SHIPMENT SEND_INTEGRATION SHIPMENT ASHWIN 01030 GLOG ASHWIN.01030 BM PATEL ROADWAYS MUMBAI-000028 ASHWIN TDS CATEGORY 1 NP 60 B USD 600.0 1.0 0.0 N N 1617 O INR -200.0 0.02293052052281587 0.0 ASHWIN ATH N N ASHWIN ATH PAYMENT 1 ASHWIN TDS VALUE 1 4 1815 O INR -2000.0 0.02293052052281587 0.0 ASHWIN ATH N N ASHWIN ATH PAYMENT

I need to revalidate my XSL I guess like Joseph suggested.. Let me try my luck..

Regards,
              Suresh

Comment

If Joseph's suggestion doesn't work, then I'd recommend openning an SR with Oracle

--Chris

Comment

Working...
                X