Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding documents via EDI

Hi

Is there a way to upload documents against a business object (say Shipment) in OTM via integration / EDI?

What I understand is that:
    OTM does support Document XML for inbound / outbound transmissions. But then the XML contains something called as Document Binary Content.

Out of curiosity, i attached a pdf to an existing shipment and retrieved the document XML. The attachment was converted into this binary content format.

I changed the shipment id to some other existing shipment in the domain and uploaded the XML. I was successful in retrieving the document from the new shipment.

So is there a way or tool that converts pdf files into the binary contet format (that is supported in the OTM XML)?

Please bear with me, if i had used any wrong technical notations as i am a functional consultant with little knowledge on OTM technical aspects .

Thanks and Regards
    Pradeep Sundar. V

Re: Adding documents via EDI

Hi,

As I know the Document Bianry Content in XML is encoded by Base64, you can get the binary data from table "document_content" field "BLOB_CONTENT".

If you want to convert your pdf to the xml content, you need to read the file in binary and encode the binary stream by Base64.
    Vincent Van
    OTM Customization Service
    [email protected]

Comment

In addition to Vincent's point, simply google Base64 encoder/decoder on the net.
      For example, I am using the one from Base64: Encode and Decode Base64 Files for my own testing.
      --
      Joseph Liang
      MavenWire APAC
      http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

HI Vincent and Joseph

That was a valuable piece of information.
        I will try to use the suggestion.

Thanks and Regards
        Pradeep Sundar. V

Comment

Hi Pradeep,

I have done exactly what you have mentioned but i am not able to see the document in document manager, and my transmission status is processed, hope you can help me out.

Kind Regards,
          KC

Comment

Working...
          X