Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Receiving Shipment Actual XML results in null pointer exception.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving Shipment Actual XML results in null pointer exception.

Hi everyone,
    I have some inbound actual shipments that result in a null pointer exception. This only happens intermittently. I've compared the XML with other shipments that processed successfully and cannot find any issues with format, data, etc. Can anyone provide details on how to further troubleshoot this? I've opened an SR with Oracle but they aren't saying much. I pasted the stack trace below.
    Thanks,
    Joe

CAUGHT THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION WHILE PROCESSING TRANSACTION: [16860701] java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException (Root exception trace missing) [16860701] java.lang.NullPointerException at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor666.newIns tance(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:423) at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio n.java:489) at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio n.java:465) at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio n.java:461) at glog.util.exception.GLException.factory(GLExceptio n.java:441) at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentActualExecuto r.getOrderReleasePKs(ShipmentActualExecutor.java:6 39) at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentActualExecuto r.getPlannedOrderMovementGraph(ShipmentActualExecu tor.java:467) at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentActualExecuto r.execute(ShipmentActualExecutor.java:29 at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentActualExecuto r.execute(ShipmentActualExecutor.java:152) at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentActualSession Bean.executeShipmentActual(ShipmentActualSessionBe an.java:130) at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentActualSession Stub.executeShipmentActual(ShipmentActualSessionSt ub.java:53) at glog.business.shipmentactual.ShipmentPersistenceHa ndler.handlePersist(ShipmentPersistenceHandler.jav a:56) at glog.util.persistence.PersistenceManager.execute(P ersistenceManager.java:97) at glog.server.compareengine.TopicPublisher.persist(T opicPublisher.java:161) at glog.server.compareengine.TopicPublisher.publish(T opicPublisher.java:64) at glog.server.compareengine.CompareEngine.compare(Co mpareEngine.java:116) at glog.util.genericcontainer.GenericContainerUtilSes sionBean.compare(GenericContainerUtilSessionBean.j ava:141) at glog.util.genericcontainer.GenericContainerUtilSes sionBean.compareAndStore(GenericContainerUtilSessi onBean.java:90) at glog.util.genericcontainer.GenericContainerUtilSes sionStub.compareAndStore(GenericContainerUtilSessi onStub.java:109) at glog.integration.xmlbasewrapper.XmlBaseWrapper.per sist(XmlBaseWrapper.java:294) at glog.integration.xmlbasewrapper.XmlBaseWrapper.per sistContainerSelf(XmlBaseWrapper.java:32 at glog.integration.application.shipment.ShipmentWrap per.persistContainerSelf(ShipmentWrapper.java:1281 ) at glog.integration.xmlbasewrapper.XmlBaseWrapper.per sistViaContainer(XmlBaseWrapper.java:399) at glog.integration.application.shipment.ShipmentInte rface.persistIndivXML(ShipmentInterface.java:236) at glog.integration.application.shipment.ShipmentInte rface.persistXML(ShipmentInterface.java:166) at glog.integration.application.BaseInterface.persist XMLBase(BaseInterface.java:291) at glog.integration.application.shipment.ActualShipme ntInterface.persistXMLBase(ActualShipmentInterface .java:53) at glog.integration.application.TransactionProcessor. processTransaction(TransactionProcessor.java:221) at glog.integration.application.TransactionProcessor. processTransaction(TransactionProcessor.java:359) at glog.server.workflow.transproc.TransProc.execute(T ransProc.java:119) at glog.server.workflow.SimpleWorkflow.execute(Simple Workflow.java:23) at glog.server.workflow.WorkflowSessionBean.execute(W orkflowSessionBean.java:64) at glog.server.workflow.WorkflowSessionNonTransStub.e xecute(WorkflowSessionNonTransStub.java:29) at glog.server.workflow.WorkflowManager.execute(Workf lowManager.java:354) at glog.server.workflow.Trigger.trigger(Trigger.java: 124) at glog.util.event.MemoryEventQueueRunnable.processEv ent(MemoryEventQueueRunnable.java:145) at glog.util.event.MemoryEventQueueRunnable.run(Memor yEventQueueRunnable.java:100) at glog.util.event.EventThread.run(EventThread.java:8 6) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:74

Oracle Support only don't say much if they don't get the information to replicate the issue. The Actual Shipment interface is in use by many customers worldwide, so it is unlikely that your error is caused by a OTM product/code error. I recommend that you continue testing, so you get a better grasp of what "intermittently" means

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We don't know how to reproduce the issue. That is why I am asking for help to see if anyone knows how to further troubleshoot this issue.
      Joe

Comment

NPE is very generic error message.you need to turn on multiple logs to catch the error.I suggest create a adhoc log file with multiple logs turned on and wait till the issue occur and review the logs for the failed case.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. That is a good idea except for the fact that logging causes performance issues so I am hesitant to turn on a bunch of logs in production. I will further explore that possibility though.
          Thanks,
          Joe

Comment

these xmls that are causing a null pointer, do they fail also if you process them again?

Comment

I'd be happy to try. Do you have any steps on how to do so?
              Thanks,
              Joe

Comment

TestCollection’s top 1z0-244 dumps are meant to deliver you the best knowledge on E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management certification syllabus contents. Oracle EBS R12: Advanced Supply Chain Planning exam dumps provide you the best learning opportunity, employing minimum efforts while the results are pleasantly surprising, beyond your expectations.
                For more info please visit:
                https://testcollection.us/1z0-244-vce-download.html

Comment

Working...
                X