Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ldap

We need some help in understanding LDAP authentication with OTM 6.0

As per our understanding, many corporate users are mapped to single OTM user (say GLUSER/CHANGEME) in LDAP directory.

Whenever a user logs into OTM with their corporate userID/password, OTM application server redirects them to LDAP server (based on property file settings in application server).

After clearing the authentication here, LDAP server logs in OTM using the mapped OTM user ID (GLUSER/CHANGEME in this case).

Thus, user has logged into OTM using GLUSER, but it looks to user as if he has logged using his corporate userID.

Other Doubts
    i) If we change corporate password, it has to be changed in the LDAP server as well. Does this happen automatically?
    ii) If we change my OTM password for GLUSER, the entry has to be manually changed in the LDAP configuration.
    Nipun Lakhotia
    Manager, EY

Re: Ldap

We need some help in understanding LDAP authentication with OTM 6.0

As per our understanding, many corporate users are mapped to single OTM user (say GLUSER/CHANGEME) in LDAP directory.
    CP> You can have either a one to many, many to many, or many to one mapping - they all work.

Whenever a user logs into OTM with their corporate userID/password, OTM application server redirects them to LDAP server (based on property file settings in application server).
    CP> No - OTM tries to authenticate against LDAP and verifies that the password matches. One issue with the LDAP integration is that the OTM and LDAP passwords must match.

After clearing the authentication here, LDAP server logs in OTM using the mapped OTM user ID (GLUSER/CHANGEME in this case).

Thus, user has logged into OTM using GLUSER, but it looks to user as if he has logged using his corporate userID.
    CP> This part is correct.

Other Doubts
    i) If we change corporate password, it has to be changed in the LDAP server as well. Does this happen automatically?
    CP> No - it does not, this must be manually maintained.

ii) If we change my OTM password for GLUSER, the entry has to be manually changed in the LDAP configuration.
    CP> Correct, it must be done and is a manual (or scripted) process. Not done by OTM.

Comment

Working...
    X