I thought I would share my experience applying RU1 for 5.5 (p6080563_55_GENERIC) so others may benefit and hopefully avoid a little frustration along the way. I did run into a few issues including one csv that didn't load (more on that later). The first problem I encountered was running the patch itself. It asks for the path to your OTM installation and then checks the version to make sure that its applicable. In our case it shot back the following error and abruptly terminated the install.

This patches requires OTMv55-CU01. You are currently running Otmv551-P20060731

It so happens that our version of OTM is a base install of 5.5.1 and when you install from the base image you will see the following version string in your glog.properties file.

glog.software.patch.version=Otmv551-P20060731

Simply changing this to what the installer was looking for resolved the issue.

glog.software.patch.version=OTMv55-CU01

Of course if you have anything other than this version of OTM don’t make this change it will cause the installer to make invalid assumptions about your version.

After this minor issue the rest of the installation proceeded smoothly. Its important to note the following "special" instructions that don't appear in the readme but like the other rollup patches in this series, magically appear on your screen once the installation process completes. I installed on Linux using WebLogic however these instructions apply across platforms...

------------------------------------- snip ------------------------------------------------------
Special Instructions. (Please Read And Follow)
==============================================
- On Win32:
- cd to <gc3_install_dir>\glog\oracle directory
- Run "sqlplus glogowner/<glogowner password>@<db connection> @insert_security_roles.sql"
- cd to <gc3_install_dir>\glog\oracle\script8 directory
- Run "sqlplus glogowner/<glogowner password>@<db connection>"
- Type:

@create_cr_aggregator_package.sql
quit

- Run "update_onecsv.cmd TRANSLATION_ERR <gc3_install_dir>\glog\config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "update_onecsv.cmd TRANSLATION_D_ERR_en <gc3_install_dir>\glog\config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "update_onecsv.cmd SHIPPING_AGENT_TYPE_D <gc3_install_dir>\glog\config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "update_onecsv.cmd PLANNING_PARAMETER_QUALIFIER <gc3_install_dir>\glog\config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "update_onecsv.cmd PLANNING_PARAMETER <gc3_install_dir>\glog\config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).

- On Unix
- cd to <gc3_install_dir>/glog/oracle directory
- Run "sqlplus glogowner/<glogowner password>@<db connection> @insert_security_roles.sql"
- cd to <gc3_install_dir>/glog/oracle/script8 directory
- Run "sqlplus glogowner/<glogowner password>@<db connection>"
- Type:

@create_cr_aggregator_package.sql
quit

- Run "./update_onecsv.sh TRANSLATION_ERR <gc3_install_dir>/glog/config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "./update_onecsv.sh TRANSLATION_D_ERR_en <gc3_install_dir>/glog/config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "./update_onecsv.sh SHIPPING_AGENT_TYPE_D <gc3_install_dir>/glog/config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "./update_onecsv.sh PLANNING_PARAMETER_QUALIFIER <gc3_install_dir>/glog/config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).
- Run "./update_onecsv.sh PLANNING_PARAMETER <gc3_install_dir>/glog/config dbaglogowner" (without the quotes).

- Start the OTM/GC3 web (Apache and Tomcat) and application (WebLogic/WebSphere/OC4J) servers as described in the Administration guide.

- Test your OTM/GC3 instance using the test script in Chapter 5 of the OTM/GC3 Admin Guide ignore the "Report Server" section if you have not integrated with Oracle Reports.

Contact Oracle Technical Support if you have any questions or problems during the patch process.

------------------------------------- snip ------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I proceeded to load the requisite csv files only to encounter "ORA-02291: integrity constraint (GLOGOWNER.FK_SATD_SHIPPING_AGENT_RULE) violated" when loading the SHIPPING_AGENT_TYPE_D csv file from the special instructions above. To correct this problem I followed the advice of support and loaded the following csv files (in order) using the same update_onecsv.sh script mentioned above.

SHIPPING_AGENT_RULE.csv
SHIPPING_AGENT_TYPE.csv
SHIPPING_AGENT_TYPE_D.csv

This time it loaded without a problem.

Finally during testing we ran into a file I/O issue with the SimplifiedTenderBaseHtml.xsl file. We are unsure if the patch caused this problem but it was resolved by changing the relative path in the calling DefaultTenderHtml.xsl file which was simply “workflow/SimplifiedTenderBaseHtml.xsl” with the absolute path to the SimplifiedTenderBaseHtml.xsl file.

I hope this helps....

-Alan