Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health check-OTM configuration and its impact on performance

Hi All

Can anyone please give me inputs from a heath check perspective on what will be the general OTM performance impacts/issues WRT to configuration(agents,rates,itineraries,etc.,).

Regards

Re: Health check-OTM configuration and its impact on performance

Hello,

The question is vague and I'm honestly not sure how to best answer you. Can you be more specific on what you're looking for?

--Chris

Comment

Hi,

That is a very broad question. Potentially any type of change can have an adverse impact on the performance of OTM. Changes to VPD profiles, agents and workflows, reports, rates, integration, transaction volume, planning parameters, etc can all cause performance issues. Without knowing the more about your configuration I cannot make specific recommendations. But as a general guideline we have found its best to take frequent performance baselines of our production instance. We do our best to measure the impact of planned changes in our test environment before we roll them into production. Once we have moved a change into production we measure performance against the previous baseline to see if there was any significant impact. I think the trick is to know what to measure and we are always looking at what we measure to see if we have gaps. As an example we currently extract agent execution times from the app log and event queue diagnostics using the data collection servlets as well as memory usage statistics from the WebLogic console.log. We also collect database statistics (Statspack) every 15 minutes as well as the usual system level performance statistics (CPU, memory, I/O, etc) on all our servers. If a change was made that has an impact on performance we can usually track it down pretty quickly. Sometimes changes to things outside of our direct control can impact performance such as a change to the amount or type of integration or the content of the data posting to OTM. We have learned not to take anything for granted and we track all of the changes that move through test and into our production environment. Even with proper controls in place maintaining performance will be a constant challenge if you have significant volume in your OTM environment.

-Alan
      Last edited by acuartero; June 18, 2009, 20:00.

Comment

Hi Alan,

I haven't heard about the Data collections servlets before. Is this new ?

Thanks
        J

Comment

Working...
        X