Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring OTM Application performance

Hi,

I have an OTM 5.5 CU4 (Weblogic) (SCA/RAC enabled) implemented which has high SLA requirement. The trouble is I cannot find a single note/link which can suggest some way of monitoring performance of OTM and alerting whenever there are any issues.
    OEM implementation is ruled out since it barely gives the Up/Down status of Weblogic (after much trouble with compatibility issues of WL8.1 SP4) which can be done through Unix shell scripts.
    However, I am looking for some metrics in terms of performance of JVMs, heap usage, JDBC connections, HTTP sessions, etc.

Kindly share if anyone has worked on such requirements.

Regards,
    Animesh

Re: Monitoring OTM Application performance

Animesh,

We've developed several custom tools and agents for monitoring OTM and the associated performance thresholds for sending out proactive alerts.

The best advice I can give is to create several generic transactions in OTM and then automate them though tools like Nagios. You can then use the results and run-times to monitor performance. You can also save these results to provide graphs and trend over time, to troubleshoot annual volume trends and bottlenecks.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
    X