Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Count in OTM

Hi All,

We are using OTM 5.5 and we have two web servers and one app server.

In OTM, we receive more 10k transmissions per day. so there are more than 5k backlog of inbound transmission per day which might be due to the deadlock in OTM.

as suggested in other posts, increasing the thread count for integration may increase the processing speed in OTM.

in our OTM, the thread count is '1' for integration, so if i increase this value , it will speed up the processing?

To increase this count, what are factors do i need to consider?
    or

Any suggestions to avoid the dead lock between the transmissions in OTM

or any other suggestions??

Thanks in Advance,
    Man

Re: Thread Count in OTM

Moved to appropriate forum.

--Chris

Comment

For your integration thread, I remember someone mentioning not to ever increase this as it would cause problems with the application. What are your average processing times for the integration thread? It should be under a second, otherwise you have some type of issue here.

As far as deadlocks, this is a functional issue which your users need to identify what processes are colliding and causing this. The database trace should at least tell you where the issue is happening and hopefully will help your superusers identify why agent/process is causing this. If they don't have this documented on the flow of your agents, well now if probably the time to do that.

If they can't determine where it is coming from, you will need to enable SQL, agent, workflow and workflow details logging let it run until you get another deadlock and then submit this to Oracle OTM support for analysis.
      If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
      15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

--> Average time for processing each transmission is less than a second for most of the transmissions, but if a transmission is in dead lock with other , it is taking more time to process.
        here my doubt is, if there are 400 inbound transmission in OTM currently and if the first transmission in dead lock with some other transmission , then the remaining 399 transmission will it wait for the first deadlock transmission to process or it will goahead processing??

--> Still now we have noticed that, even if the transactions for an particular transmission had got processed but still the transmission is showing in FRESH status. So in this case we will redo the transmissions and after the redo transmissions, we can see the transmission status have been changed from FRESH to PROCESSED status.

Thanks in advance,
        Man
        Last edited by man; October 31st, 2012, 07:31.

Comment

As I mentioned, you'll need to get to the bottom of why the integration is deadlocking. This should never happen. I don't suggest that you open up that integration thread as I remember a developer saying not to ever increase this. That was years ago so it may have changed but I wouldn't increase it unless OTM support gives you the OK to do so.

The FRESH status has been an ongoing issue with the product and our customers even see this frequently. The best solution is to open an SR with OTM support and see if they can help. The redo transmissions is a band-aid to the underlying issue. It will work but won't fix the problem.

Nick

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

Hi Nick,

If we increase the number of App Servers, will it improve processing of transmissions in anyway?
            Last edited by man; October 31st, 2012, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by man View Post
              Hi Nick,

If we increase the number of App Servers, will it improve processing of transmissions in anyway?

Yes that will allow multiple processing since you will essentially have two integration threads (one on each app server). This still won't fix your deadlock issue and you are just using a band-aid to the underlying issue.

The other thing is that say app01 gets a feed of 300 transmissions in one batch, they will all sit there on the deadlock and not shift to app02. So while it may help you still may have the same issue.

MavenWire Hosting Admin

Comment

It seem that we are having a same issue and thank that i seen some answer.

Comment

Working...
                X