Using GID or XID in Custom Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using GID or XID in Custom Reports

Good day - can I get some feedback regarding your creation of custom reports in OTM and specifically if you tend to use more GID-specific parameters or more XID-specific parameters when creating these reports?

The reason I ask is because as of v5.5.5.2, Oracle has decided to use only XID-related data in the way these reports search for requested data. For us, this poses a serious issue. One instance we have has quite a few custom reports created based on searches for GID. Another instance we have relies heavily on using GID searches so that a report can be run on the parent domain level and search through many sub-domains for the requested data. These are just 2 examples of the issues this change will cause for us.

Until now, Oracle claims that this was changed in v5.5.5.2 to resolve BUG # 7537250 and that Development at Oracle did this intentionally. Oracle Support claims that our issues are an isolated case and they have not seen this before. Perhaps they have not heard of this issue before because this was only changed in the most recent update and perhaps not many customers have upgraded to this latest version yet.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Using GID or XID in Custom Reports

You are not alone on this one.

I too was amazed that such a high impact change was made.

We have previously used GID rather than XID because of the nature of having multiple domains.

We will have a lot of work to amend numbers of reports.

Gary
    Regards
    Gary Cunningham
    www.cbmc.co.uk
    www.mavenwire.com

Comment

Gary,

Did you open an SR open with Oracle on this? Maybe we could reference your SR as evidence that we are not the only ones affected by this change.

Thanks,
      Alan

Comment

Alan

I think you are waisting your time.

This has been officially released.

They won't change it back now.

Gary
        Regards
        Gary Cunningham
        www.cbmc.co.uk
        www.mavenwire.com

Comment

Gary,

Oracle has agreed to log a bug against this issue (bug 8279530). We are currently pursuing a quick patch with them. You may wan to to consider opening an SR to see if you can also get a quick patch for this issue rather than fix your reports.

Thanks,
          Alan
          Last edited by acuartero; February 23, 2009, 20:33.

Comment

Just an FYI update. Late last week Oracle provided a QP on this for CU5 RU3 (well we have RU2 so we did a force install) and it seems to have solved our issue. I believe that you have to specifically request the QP from Oracle support they then have you download a password protected zip file. The bug number I previously posted should be enough for them to track it down if you need it.

Thanks,
            Alan

Comment

Alan,

Thanks. We've got a couple customers going up on 5.5 CU5 RU3, so this helps.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
              X