Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation Orders for Buy Shipments

Hi,
    We have a requirement to generate a PDF report for Buy Shipment transportation order which needs to be issued to transportation companies.

Can anyone give sample PDF of the transportation order with which we communicate with the service providers?

Thanks,
    Venkat.

Re: Transportation Orders for Buy Shipments

In OTM, the way to generate a PDF would be via a report (Oracle Reports in OTM v5.5 and BI Publisher in v6.x). I believe you'd have to configure a report to setup the format and data as you'd like it.

--Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
      Thank you. I understand that. Can you please help me related to the shipments. Actually our customer enters shipment requirement in the transportation service providers website. How do we automate this, like how do we take a csv or flat file from otm and upload into the transportation companies system? Can you please help me on this.

Thanks,
      Venkat.

Comment

OTM can send out an XML integration file (via the G-Log XML schema), this will need to be mapped to an appropriate CSV or flat file in your middleware or in a custom integration script that processes that XML. You can then post it as appropriate into your trans company's system.

Does that help?

--Chris

Comment

Venkat,

To learn more about the XML schema, I'd recommend checking out the OTM Integration Guide, which you can download for your OTM version here:

Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) Documentation

--Chris

Comment

The easiest way to communicate the shipment to the carrier is by sending a tender notification email which is standard OTM functionality. Why do you need to generate a report for this? Why do you need a PDF. Do you need this report as well as an interface message to the carrier's system?

Comment

Hi Lourens,
              Thank you for your reply. Actually for some transportation service providers we enter the order in to their system manually now. For them we want to pass a file with shipment details to load the order.

For some other transportation companies we currently email the shipment details by entering all details manually in the email. For them we need to send an legal transportation order PDF file more like a purchase order.

Thanks,
              Venkat.

Comment

Working...
              X