Restricting External Statuses for Invoices from Dropdown through VPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting External Statuses for Invoices from Dropdown through VPD

I am looking to restrict the external status dropdown for different users for invoice approval.

Currently we have 3 different external statuses available in the dropdown for Invoice approval. I want one specific user to have access to 1 of the external statuses, and a separate user to have access to the other 2 external status options. For security reasons, neither of the users should be able to have access to all 3.

Does anyone know how to restrict the external statuses in this way?
    Last edited by Kim.Berly; February 18, 2009, 16:43.

Re: Restricting External Statuses for Invoices from Dropdown through VPD

Hi

A Status Filter can be created to restrict the statuses to be viewed by the user. The Status filter can be associated with a user ID or user Role.

Navigation to create a Status Filter -> Configuration and Administration > Power Data> general> Status Type Filter.

To attach the Status Filter to a role --> Configuration and Administration> User Configuration > Manage User Access. Select Status Type Filter in the User access Type and give the ID or User Role and click on Edit User access. Give the Status Filter that has been created. Save and Finish.

Regards
    Divya

Comment

Hi Divya,
      I am new to this OTM. One of my friend suggested me this blog.

I was done the same thing. I am getting my own assigned status types. When we click on the "Status" button,. I could see only assigned status types only. But, in the same page, one '+' symbol is coming. If we click on that, again all the statuses are appearing. This is again a problem.
      How can we remove '+' symbol there. Please see the attached doc, for clear information.
      Please suggest me the way.

Thank you.
      Priya

Attached Files

Comment

any suggestions on this please.

Priya.

Comment

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Can anybody help me on this.

-Priya

Comment

there is a function call showHideTable() in stlyesheet ViewStatus.xsl. you can modify the function to disable expand status.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim.Berly View Post
              I am looking to restrict the external status dropdown for different users for invoice approval.

Currently we have 3 different external statuses available in the dropdown for Invoice approval. I want one specific user to have access to 1 of the external statuses, and a separate user to have access to the other 2 external status options. For security reasons, neither of the users should be able to have access to all 3.

Does anyone know how to restrict the external statuses in this way?

Kim.Berly,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I noticed that everyone was talking about the "+" dropdown for statuses. It seemed to me like you were talking about the dropdown seen from the Change External Status window prompt. Am I correct? I am trying to limit which external statuses a user can change using the change external status action. Does anyone know how to do this?

Carteljr

Comment

Working...
              X