Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to see the External status at another domain drop down list

Hi
    I am unable to see the External status at another domain drop down list.

I have 2 domains, A and N. Super User is at A domain.
    Setup External Status type at N domain, and able to view them in A and N domain. Shipment at N domain, trying to set External Status from A domain.

The external statuses are displayed when searching for them from the Status Types user interface, at A domain

So far, reply from Oracle support is work as designed... but i am not so convinced. Note.750433.1:Custom External Status Not Working Across Domains

I have tried to create a Ext Status at Public domain, I also unable to view this Ext Status at "set ext status" drop down list.

SOLVED: Unable to see the External status at another domain drop down list

Hi all
    We have resolved the problem.

we have setup same Status Type in A and N domains. and changed the status value from A.

The status is updated with GID of ‘N.XXX’. So OTM is not using the domain in which the user is logged in, but using the domain in which the shipment exists.

We did another test.
    The same external statuses exist in both parent and sub domains in our case – A and A/NEW.
    The external status is available in both domains (in the drop down) and on setting status at A inherits to A/NEW.
    For example, the new external status type: ANIKESHEREEN is created in both A and A/NEW.
    I change status value to “NO” at A, this is copied to A/NEW as “A/NEW.NO”.
    Tested and works.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: Unable to see the External status at another domain drop down list

Maybe this is irrelevant to your original question. Just to share my experiences.
      It is better to name status values as STATUS TYPE_value.
      There are two reasons for this.
      1) The primary key of STATUS_VALUE table is STATUS_VALUE_GID, only. Therefore, when you create a Status Value with a common name, e.g. A.NO, for an Order Base Status Type, e.g. A.OB_ANIKESHEREEN, and you have another Shipment Status Type, e.g. A.SH_ANIKESHEREEN, also uses the same Status Value, error may occur when you change one of Status Types. Because OTM does not prevent users from using same Status Value that does not match OBJECT_TYPE, it is better you follow the naming rule to minimize the problem.

2) There is a known bug (7432444 - JAVA.LANG.CLASSCASTEXCEPTION MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO CHANGE EXTERNAL STATUS VALUE), which Oracle claimed that this is worked as design. If you use number or boolean as Status Value, you will get JAVA.LANG.CLASSCASTEXCEPTION error when you change it. By using the naming rule may get around the issue.
      --
      Joseph Liang
      MavenWire APAC
      http://www.mavenwire.com/

Comment

Working...
      X