Need info on security servlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on security servlet

Can any one tell me what exactly this servlet do?

glog.webserver.security.fixup.SecurityFixupServlet
    Cheers,
    Murthy

Re: Need info on security servlet

This one has been around for a while, but honestly I can't remember what it does. It's been on my list of diag servlets since around 2005, but may be even older.

Any takers?

--Chris

Comment

I believe it fixes your groupmembers table which can be especially useful after a domain copy from one instance to another. I've been considering using it here but am a little hesitant to do it in PROD without a fair bit of testing.

-Alan

Comment

Thanks for the information Alan. I still didn't get fully. Could you pls explain what exactly you mean by fixesgroup members?
        Cheers,
        Murthy

Comment

Lakshmana,

The groupmembers table contains security information relating to users, levels roles and domains. If you run the servlet it will run a check against this table and if it finds problems it will present you with a list of the issues that it finds and give you the option to fix them individually or en masse. However I suspect that the underlying code for this servlet is rather old and in my experience the OTM development group does not always keep undocumented servlets up to date code wise. So I am reluctant to run it myself not to mention recommend that anyone else run it without testing it first to see if there is negative impact. Maybe someone else on these forums can relate their experience using this servlet.

Thanks,
          Alan
          Last edited by acuartero; April 19, 2010, 19:55.

Comment

Thanks Alan for a detailed information & suggestion.
            Cheers,
            Murthy

Comment

Working...
            X