Tracking and audit mechanism in OTM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking and audit mechanism in OTM

We are running a shared/hosted OTM environment for several of our customers. Its obvious that several teams are working on support, configuration and operations. It’s a big challenge to enforce a controlled and formal change management process. People change the system and its setup and code and we don’t have any way to track who changed what and when and why?
    fficeffice" />>>
    Any suggestion or recommendations or idea to have some type of tracking and audit mechanism in OTM ?
    Thanks in advance for your reply..
    >>
    Regards
    Manish

>>

Re: Tracking and audit mechanism in OTM

Hi,

You can track all the actions/processes happened on each domain by using the functionality track changes.

Pls find attached how to set up track changes. After setting up this if you go and check the Explainations in Configuration and Administration --> Power Data --> Explainations, It will show all the actions happened after it has been set. Explaination for changing a parameter set will look like the another attachement.

Kindly reply back if this meet you requirement.

Thanks
    Sophia
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Sophia for your reply. If you see my message then could you please let me know if this setup can cause any performance issues.fficeffice" />>>
      My requirement is not just keeping track a specific object such as Order or shipment etc..>>
      I am kind of looking for whole system tracking..>>
      >>
      Have a nice day>>

Comment

Hi,

OTM has comprehensive audit trail mechanism in built in to it. [Refer OTM help for setup]

OTM Audit Trail manager:
        • Run a business object audit based on all events or a specific business object
        • View Data changes - including before and after value changes
        • Control which business objects can be audited.

For the audit trails to work in OTM, set this
        glog.audit.beforeafter=ON in the glog.properties file.

https://proview.dhl-usa.com/html/hel...udit/audit.htm
        Nipun Lakhotia
        Manager, EY

Comment

Hi Nipunfficeffice" />>>
          Thank you for your reply. I notice that you have some association with DHL. I too work in DHL Exel. If you know then I am curious to know performance impact if I enable Audit on several objects in production.>>
          > >
          Regards>>
          Manish>>

Comment

this workd even without the parameter being on , by detting appropriately in the "i" button, but if you dont det the parameter then it the "i" button settings revert back once you log off

Also setting the prop file will keep it on despite applying any patches....

Comment

Hi Manish,

Well, I work with Infosys Technologies - OTM CoE.

Enabling audit trail will definitely have consequences on the performance of the system as it is a resource intensive feature - So enable it judiciously for must have features only.
              Nipun Lakhotia
              Manager, EY

Comment

I completely agree - it has a serious impact on performance. Unless it is absolutely necessary, we leave it disabled.

--Chris

Comment

Working...
                X