Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing problem after resetting the system password

Hi All,

We tried resetting the "system" userd id password for our OTM 6.0 instance and followed the steps that given in the administration guide. We are using weblogic as our application server and we followed the steps given for that.

Once done we re-started our instance, but we are not getting the login page at all. It throws the Http status 503 error.

We then tried again bringing down the app and the web servers and restarting it. But when issued the stop command to stop the app server it says, "Launched process has not been started. Command cancelled."

I have attached the screenshot of the error message. Any suggestions/help would be useful.
    Attached Files
    Regard's
    Arun

Re: Facing problem after resetting the system password

Arun,

Did you update the system password via the UI as DBA.ADMIN? The only two other places this needs to be updated is in the weblogic.conf and tomcat.conf. Make sure to either get the encrypted password for tomcat via the admin guide or take out the part of the line that says encrypted:

wrapper.java.additional.7=-DGC3EncodedPassword=

to

wrapper.java.additional.7=-DGC3Password=

Nick
    If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
    15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Nick,

Thanks for the reply...

We first changed the password via UI as DBA.ADMIN without knowing that there is set of steps that needs to follwed for this.

And then after going thro the admin guide we found out those steps and followed those. As you mentioned i have updated both weblogic.conf and tomcat.conf files and the tomcat.conf with the encrypted password.

After doing these we re-started our instance and we couldn't get the login page, it throws the Http status 503 error instead.
      Regard's
      Arun

Comment

If weblogic is starting ok with no issue, make the change to the tomcat.conf and take out the encrypted password and put in the unencrypted password. If you can login you know where the problem is.
        If my post was helpful please click on the Thanks! button

MavenWire Hosting Admin
        15 years of OTM experience

Comment

Nick,

The issue has been resolved now. The problem is with the gl_user table and we manually updated that and instance is now up and running.

Thnks once again for your inputs....!
          Regard's
          Arun

Comment

Working...
          X