Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSO for multiple domain structure (Single Sign on)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSO for multiple domain structure (Single Sign on)

Dear All,

The requirement is we have 3 different OTM domains, and there can be a case where the superuser can access all the three domains of OTM.

But, the user will have only one CEC id (unique identifier=userid), so with one userid how can he enter all the three domains.

Could someone suggest how the userid can be identified that belongs to all domains or specific domain.

Regards,
    Murthy

Re: SSO for multiple domain structure (Single Sign on)

None, though you can use VPDs to give a certain domain (and thus the users in that domain) access to other domains.

Just be careful - the configuration of custom VPDs has performance implications.

Going forward, we've noticed that the old DBA change domain context functionality is missing in v6.1 also. It looks like security is being tightened up within the application.

--Chris

Comment

Chris, We have a similar need. User needs to have access to more than one domain. What is the alternate solution for the same?

Comment

Domain Grant + VPD

Comment

Thanks Daniel. I tried this option.

But, when we build the shipments with Orders from DOMAIN1 when I am in DOMAIN2. It build the shipment with DOMAIN2.SHIPMENT ID. Even if I am on Domain2 but if I select order from DOMAIN1, is it possible to create shipment with DOMAIN1.SHIPMENTID?

-Paritosh

Comment

Paritosh, that is how OTM works. The only way would be for you to have one single domain and have VPDs to split the data. In this case the super user will not have a VPD attached having access to all.

Comment

Thank You for info

Comment

Working...
              X