Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debug - OTM Application.

All,

Is there a way where I can debug the background OTM code when a modification is done on any business object.(Order base,Shipment) Basically i want to know what validation does it go through and what relavant tables does it update.
    For example , what logic does the OTM perform to create the shipment plan(What factors does it take to bundle the orders,how the best itinerary is calculated and which rate record does it get to).

Please help me in undersatnding the process.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Debug - OTM Application.

You can check the "View Log" to understand the logic that OTM used.
    Cheers,
    Murthy

Comment

You can also enable many additional log levels to learn more about what's going on, including SQL logging, if you need that level of detail. Just be prepared for a tremendous amount of logs to be generated.

--Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris.
        Could you please let me know how do I turn on the SQL logging ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

See Attached screenshot for detailed explaination on how to turn logging in your case it's SQL Logging.

If you have, My Oracle Support Accesss you can search for the below also.

please refer to Note 562686.1 - How To Turn On/Off Logging Options in OTM and Log Collection

Vinoth.
          Attached Files
          Thanks,
          Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
          http://www.vinoth.co/
          Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

I would suggest you to turn on SQL logging only during the debugging, once the job done turn it off. Otherwise it cause performance issues as the logfile space will be filled very very fast.
            Cheers,
            Murthy

Comment

Very much agreed - it's a performance hog.

--Chris

Comment

Thanks all for the solution. I will turn it off once the job is completed.

Comment

Heres another idea you might find useful:

After logging on - Click on the i button in the header.
                  Click on the Change hyperlink next to either Tracking Mode or Tracking Level.
                  Change the tracking for both Mode and Level to ALL
                  Update and close the window.

Now when you perform an action - as well as getting a View Log button you also get a View Tracking Button. Click on this to see a step by step flow of activity. It will even highlight where a failure might occur.

This feature will only last for your session though - you'll have to set it up each time you wish to see tracking.

Gary
                  Regards
                  Gary Cunningham
                  www.cbmc.co.uk
                  www.mavenwire.com

Comment

I think if we enable tracking and level to "ALL", right next to View log there will be buttion called "Explanaton" ? is it changed as "View Tracking" Button?

Yes that's a good one always help instead of going to pages and pages of logs.

Vinoth.
                    Thanks,
                    Vinoth Gopalakrishnan
                    http://www.vinoth.co/
                    Reach out for OTM/GTM - Transportation/Logistics and Blockchain Consultations/Strategy

Comment

If you are working on OTM 6.0, there is another way one can do tracking. One can have their own custom message for each validation.

But as per the concern raised by Raj (thread initiator) the relavent info what he is looking for can avail in logs only
                      Cheers,
                      Murthy

Comment

Working...
                      X