Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcode In BI publisher report

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out how to configure barcode in OTM 6.3 version.

Regards
    Liti

Re: Barcode In BI publisher report

Hi,

No sure if you worked this out. I've done this for 6.1 and 6.2 assuming that 6.3 is the same.

Steps were as follows, note you may need to change some of the directories depending on where you have installed BI Publisher Desktop if you use that. My example is the 3of9.ttf barcode font.

Instructions for BI Publisher Desktop
    1. For BI Publisher desktop load the font using Control Panel->Fonts->File->Install New Font
    2. This copies the font to C:\windows\fonts\
    3. Add the font mapping to the xdo.cfg file.
    - If necessary copy the xdo_example.cfg file to xdo.cfg in dir C:\Program Files\Oracle\BI Publisher\BI Publisher Desktop\Template Builder for Word\config
    - Verify/Add the entry for the font as highlighted below.
    <!-- Font setting -->
    <fonts>
    <!-- Windows Wingdings font -->
    <font family="Wingdings" style="normal" weight="normal">
    <truetype path="C:\WINNT\fonts\wingding.ttf" />
    </font>
    <font family="GnuMICR" style="normal" weight="normal">
    <truetype path="C:\WINNT\fonts\GnuMICR.ttf" />
    </font>
    <font family="Times New Roman" style="normal" weight="normal">
    <truetype path="C:\WINNT\fonts\TIMES.ttf" />
    </font>
    <font family="3 of 9 Barcode" style="normal" weight="normal">
    <truetype path="C:\windows\fonts\3of9.ttf" />
    </font>
    </fonts>

Instructions to load new font into OTM

1. The font needs to be loaded in the JRE run time directory copy the font to /app/otm/otm61/otm61app/jdk/jre/lib/fonts, font should be called 3of9.ttf
    2. Create the xdo.cfg file in app/otm/otm61/otm61app/jdk/jre/lib with entries as below.

<config version="1.0.0" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oxp/config/">
    <!-- Font setting -->
    <fonts>
    <font family="3 of 9 Barcode" style="normal" weight="normal">
    <truetype path="/app/otm/otm61/otm61app/jdk/jre/lib/fonts/3of9.ttf" />
    </font>
    </fonts>
    </config>
    Note: The font can also be configured and using the xdo.cfg in the directory location as specified in the BIPublisher otm property glog.bipreports.configFile.path.

Comment

Here is a passage about how to configure barcode found through Google. It may be of some help.

Comment

Originally posted by masterpeicse View Post
        Here is a passage about how to configure barcode found through Google. It may be of some help.
        Thanks for sharing. But I don't find the barcode margin adjustment available, any idea?

Comment

Thanks bsteemson for sharing the info. I am able to generate the bar-code from OTM for one of my report but the problem I am facing is, the bar-code reader is not reading the printed bar-code. I gone through some link and find out it required an encoding and start bit and stop bit to be included in the generated bar-code. so question is How to apply Encode for the specific data that I want to print as bar-code in BI publisher report.

Thanks,
          Sirish
          Last edited by sirish; May 22nd, 2014, 17:03.

Comment

Hello Sirish,

Yes you are correct in order to read the generated barcode from OTM application, the start bit and stop bit has to be added. I have done this requirement in one of my project and there i was using the barcode font as IDAutomationHC39M.ttf and the xml element of field which i am using to represent in barcode style font, i am prefixing and suffixing '*' in that element. Example as : <NO>*122256*</NO>

The point here is, handle this prefixing and suffixing of '*' character in your query template itself so that it gets automatically handle in Format template of your report,

Regards,
            Akshay

Comment

Didn't work for me is only displayed the bar code when it is displayed in html but not in pdf, anyone know why? I have version 6.3.7

Comment

Please check the barcode font that you are using. The barcode font has to be placed in the server. configure the xdo.cfg file pointing to your font directory. It supports PDF.

Thanks,
                Sirish

Comment

Working...
                X